Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Stash Buster Scrappy MYSTERY QUILT Mini-train Ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/stash-buster-scrappy-mystery-quilt-mini-train-ride-t209515.html)

Quiltaddiction 01-01-2013 06:23 PM

I have finished the first step :thumbup: cut the rectangles and little squares too. I spent New Years Day as I would like to spend 2013 at my machine Yeah! I went with two charm packs and cut them down and have mixed them up for the 9P. Can't wait for the next clue come on Saturday. BTW Happy New Year everyone.

IBQLTN 01-01-2013 06:52 PM

Darn it ... I forgot to catch the train and the next train up was the Merry Mayhem mystery today and I detoured down that track for the first 5 steps. All I have left to do is lay it out with sashing and put together.

But, I fast forwarded from Judy's page one to here and will attempt to do the mystery starting at page one and trying diligently not to peek ahead at what all of you are doing!

Happy New Year!

mom-6 01-01-2013 07:38 PM

Just got back so a bit behind on getting started. Almost done with getting mystery 3 put together. This sounds like lots of fun.

Elisabrat 01-01-2013 08:21 PM

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I cut more blocks last night and well seeing the mix match everyone has shown am going all the way with the scrappy happy look. I will love it.. (I think I can i think I can lol). Jan love both your quilts and of course the more brown/green is in my comfort zone but stripes what a good idea. I know you get those strips left over that you LOVE to use lol presto finito!.. I will hop over and sew the rest up let you know how it works for me.

Shadowirish 01-01-2013 08:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've finished my 9P's and have the 2.5 x 4.5 's cut as well

irishrose 01-01-2013 08:24 PM

I just sewed a batik between two calicos. Yikes! This is fun if nothing else.

mom-6 01-01-2013 09:38 PM

Got started cutting my squares and rectangles. Still a ways to go before I'm ready to start sewing though. Working my way through a bunch of vintage scraps I was gifted awhile back. Should be interesting. Lol.

Pam H 01-01-2013 11:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the wall hanging I am working on. It's ready to have all the little bits pressed down and then appliquéd. I have not done much appliqué yet. Does it all need to be stitched down before I sandwich and quilt? OR could I do the appliqué stitching as part (or most) of my quilting? It is a wall hanging so maybe it doesn't even need to have all the little things stitched. What do you think? I really need some input.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]385320[/ATTACH]

bibliostone 01-01-2013 11:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pam, I love your elephant wall hanging. I would do the stitching down as the quilting and not do much other quilting.

My 9 patches are done. Hopefully, they will grow on me.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]385323[/ATTACH]

Elisabrat 01-02-2013 12:14 AM

wow what a wonderful collection of novelty prints love the I do it for halibut block too funny. I think they are all growing on me now that I keep looking at them. I made 11 blocks so far. I am going to look tomorrow to see if its better to pick my favorite six and toss the other five or to use them all and finish the last one. I got to tired to sew so I had to stop or they would all be done tonight.