Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Stash Buster Scrappy MYSTERY QUILT Mini-train Ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/stash-buster-scrappy-mystery-quilt-mini-train-ride-t209515.html)

paintmejudy 01-06-2013 07:32 AM

I think you will see what you need to do when you get the next and final clue. I can post those suggestions after I finish this mystery, would that be okay?

Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 (Post 5766228)
Judy, I would love the directions for using 4 inch patches also. I have a few boxes of that size that were cut by other people.

I have my 4 1/2 inch patches made into squares. I'm still trying to decide on fabrics a and b.

The sun is shining in Minnesota and we are to have temps in the 30's for a few days.

Connie

sewsewquilter 01-06-2013 07:39 AM

Sounds like you are going to have a great time!

Originally Posted by paintmejudy (Post 5764273)
Yes, Costa Rica, hola! This isn't a luxury hotels kind of vacation, and one of them was called rustic -- and we were told we would need flashlights to get around the grounds at night. LOL But I've heard it is a beautiful country. It is an all-inclusive land cruise, everything except the tour guides tip included, going from place to place, overnighting at different hotels, in a country half the size of Kentucky. Should be more people-friendly than the cruise I did alone, there will be a maximum of 40 people traveling together, much easier to make acquaintences with a small group.

RJ 01-06-2013 08:09 AM

Good morning--this is my first mystery quilt--and I also have my girlfriend working on it..I also have a great desire to organize my scraps...but it seemed way easier to let loose and grab them from a bag when I don't know what the final
result will be. My granddaughter was over last week and said she wanted a quilt made from all the colors I had in my sewing room---so guess what---this will be for her!! WHOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO

mom-6 01-06-2013 08:28 AM

I'm going to try to post a picture from this new phone. Hope it works!

retiredteacher09 01-06-2013 09:24 AM

Judy,

Super! This is so much fun since it is my first mystery quilt.

Thanks.

Connie

sewsewquilter 01-06-2013 10:21 AM

Qusssum, I really like your purlpe and yellow. That is going to look good.

Meanmom, thanks. Smocking sounds like fun. I have two granddaughter under the age of two. I have thought about learning to smock. Need to find the time and courage. :)

Quiltaddiction, like the blue and yellow.

marytoddliz, your is coming out great. Purple is one of my favorite colors.

Paulswalia, I agree with VickiM, it's a scrapy. :) I do like the colors.

WOW! Judy, you are leading us to a beautiful end. Love the direction we are going.

After auditioning three different colors for color B I think I have a winner. My color A is going to be part scrappy and part a constant color. Off to the sewing room I go to have some fun. :)

sewNso 01-06-2013 10:47 AM

judy, when we get done with our 6 (12) blocks or we suppose to have sashing around the outside edges? to be ready for the next clue? thx

dotcomdtcm 01-06-2013 11:00 AM

I think we make 17 flying geese but I think I counted 24 in Mary's top. What am I doing wrong?

SunlitenSmiles 01-06-2013 11:18 AM

smocking was always most accurate for me on (woven) gingham and dotted swiss (the real kind not the printed kind)

dotcomdtcm 01-06-2013 11:27 AM

never mind
I figured it out
mine is the smaller one