Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Stash Buster Scrappy MYSTERY QUILT Mini-train Ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/stash-buster-scrappy-mystery-quilt-mini-train-ride-t209515.html)

jaba 01-18-2013 05:11 PM

Belfrybat I think you will be surprise when that is quilted, you'll be amazed. Mamahen your "speckles" look amazing, they really make that quilt. Great job both of you.

leeannwahh 01-18-2013 05:40 PM

I just found this is it to late to join the train?

Pam H 01-18-2013 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by leeannwahh (Post 5796095)
I just found this is it to late to join the train?

It's never too late. The clues will be here forever. Dig out your scrap basket and jump aboard!

mom-6 01-18-2013 09:23 PM

I just finished the one before this one. Haven't figured out pictures from this new phone. Really like how both this one and the one before came out. The other one I added borders on the ends to make more lap quilt size (44 x 56). And am going to add borders to this scrappy one so it will fit a twin bed. Did the 12 block version. Am thinking about using a fairly narrow dark rust (if there is enough of it ) for the inner border then maybe continuing with scrappy for the wider border.

Daisy Dew 01-19-2013 05:13 AM

Well I have it done and yesterday I sandwiched it. I made mine a 3X3 setting. Today I begin the dreaded quilting! Oh I love piecing Oh I dislike the quilting - how can this be. Anyone else feel this way?

Instead of quilting perhaps I'll fuss with the instructions on how to post a picture :D

No I hope to get this finished as Thursday we take off for Phoenix get this: 2dogs, 1 cat, 2 humans with our new to us camper - does Chevy Chase come to mind?

Just occured to me that my 40 something niece, living in Phoenix, was married about 9 months ago and if I can get my Scrappy quilted it just might be a nice little snugglie for the newly weds she'll be surprised and will think AuntieL is wonderful. My sister, her mom will be surprised too as the quilt I made for her was very precise and a little on the victorian side. I love surprises.

Love everyones quilts - love the pictures. This is just a great quilt pattern and sure can be used in lots of ways. I'm going to try one on the small side then on the larger size I like to get the charm squares and they are mostly 5" and I just hated cutting them down to the 4-1/2 so we will see. Also how about doing a D9P with this setting - I'm getting carried away ADHD? think so.

Think I'll ask DH if he knows how to post the pic! Later all

cat-on-a-mac 01-19-2013 07:45 AM

I have added a section to the Quilt Gallery for all the pictures of these completed quilts: CLICK HERE TO GO TO IT

I've attempted to copy all the photos from this thread, and from the pictures thread that Judy started, and I'll keep watching both threads for any posts of newly completed tops. Please send me a PM if I missed one.

I'm machine quilting mine -- I decided to use high-loft poly batting, but I had to get rid of some wrinkles and lumps in it. So I spritzed it and fluffed it in the dryer. Now, it's so "lofty" that quilting is a bit of a challenge! I hope to have it done this weekend (wish me luck)!

whitepine 01-19-2013 08:37 AM

Thanks muchly, Cathy. There were definiely some there I had missed, or forgotten. I also missed where Judy has started a thread. Is it under BOMs??

urgodschild2 01-19-2013 09:03 AM

When does the next train ride begin??????? Anyone know?

jaba 01-19-2013 09:10 AM

After Judy gets back from her trip.

carrot 01-19-2013 09:33 AM

Thank you Cathy !!! This is awesome. I can see at least 4 different variations I want to make !!!:thumbup:
Good luck on your quilting!!:)

Originally Posted by cat-on-a-mac (Post 5797114)
I have added a section to the Quilt Gallery for all the pictures of these completed quilts: CLICK HERE TO GO TO IT

I've attempted to copy all the photos from this thread, and from the pictures thread that Judy started, and I'll keep watching both threads for any posts of newly completed tops. Please send me a PM if I missed one.

I'm machine quilting mine -- I decided to use high-loft poly batting, but I had to get rid of some wrinkles and lumps in it. So I spritzed it and fluffed it in the dryer. Now, it's so "lofty" that quilting is a bit of a challenge! I hope to have it done this weekend (wish me luck)!