Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/welcome-aboard-mystery-quilt-train-never-too-late-join-ride-t180032.html)

sapdoggie 03-18-2012 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy (Post 5070319)
The train is on it's way, should be here on time tomorrow morning.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

yayaquilts 03-18-2012 10:08 AM

I see the train coming even through the intermittent rain and clouds here in Arizona.

Seems lots of us are committed to finishing some UFO's

I have a question for all you quilters--why are those unfinished works called UFO's rather than UFP's==UnFinished Projects?!?!?!

dotcomdtcm 03-18-2012 10:12 AM

Just a play on words. Remember when a "stash" did not refer to fabric?

works4me 03-18-2012 01:00 PM

[QUOTE=irishrose;5070515]vickig626, the purple is Electic Garden by Jason Yenter for In the Beginning fabrics 2009. Works4me did an online search for it. I don't think she was successful and I emptied the bolt at my LQS so I'm no help. QUOTE]

Actually, I was successful. Found both the purple and rust colours at Back Porch Quilts and Designs in Washington State. A fabulous woman to deal with. My computer crashed in the middle of the order and she got me sorted out quickly and without fuss. She even made sure the fabric arived at my box in Lynden at the same time as another parcel I was picking up so I only had to make one trip through the border. Both fabrics sit in the stash for a later project.

UFO - Unfinished object, I think.

stitchingpost 03-18-2012 02:18 PM

Boooowhooooo I was really hopin we was some good.little quilters. So we could get clue 3 early,am count down the hours:-)

stitchingpost 03-18-2012 03:27 PM

Well iam back,didn't know where else to turn,my. YOUNGEST DD CAME by to ask me if I had any baby fabric, and of course I said yes,I ask here who need a baby quilt, she just smile ,don't get me wrong, I was screamin with Joy,but you see I have 13 other GC the last in nov,and one turnin 2 april ,iam still workin on GCs # 5an#6 quilts the ages are 12 to4mons. ,not only am I runnin out of NAMES,iam runnin out of time ,I called al my DC today. And said its time to. Goto the VET they thought I was crazy,I told them it time to get NEUTURED and SPEADED :-) and NOT one of them showed up for Sunday dinner,LOL

SunlitenSmiles 03-18-2012 04:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]320933[/ATTACH]
home from the quilt show so here is your photo of Bonnie Hunter she said to say "Hi"

paintmejudy 03-18-2012 04:35 PM

Yaya, are you in Arizona now? Your little bio says San Diego. Yes, been raining off and on all day here, but I love it. Makes me really lazy on rainy days.

Originally Posted by yayaquilts (Post 5070599)
I see the train coming even through the intermittent rain and clouds here in Arizona.

I have a question for all you quilters--why are those unfinished works called UFO's rather than UFP's==UnFinished Projects?!?!?!

SunlitenSmiles 03-18-2012 04:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]320937[/ATTACH]
the mystery train quilt (so far) at the hotel room and at the party after class last night

[ATTACH=CONFIG]320939[/ATTACH]

Sadiemae 03-18-2012 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by yayaquilts (Post 5070599)

Rain, snow, rain, snow, rain, snow. I wish Mother Nature would make up her mind. Just wait 10 minutes and the weather will change.