Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/welcome-aboard-mystery-quilt-train-never-too-late-join-ride-t180032.html)

dahlshouse 03-18-2012 03:53 AM

Oh my... I want your choice of fabrics... love this...

Originally Posted by irishrose (Post 5067872)
Just in time - though it wouldn't take much to get me to take off the teal print and add a fuchsia - nah, once it's pressed, it's time to leave it alone. I can hardly wait to see what we do with the dominant fabric.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]320522[/ATTACH]
I'd like a strawberry lemonade unless the train serves wine without sulfites. Just sitting here in the club car with my feet up watching the scenery go by. Monday, here we come!

whitepine 03-18-2012 07:00 AM

Irishrose, Love your fabric. Glad you didn't throw out the teal print because I think it really looks good.

Ah, the morning coffee in the club car is good. Especially with the snow falling this morning. Yep, the rest of the country is having record highs and up here in the NW corner we're having the white stuff.

islandwiz1 03-18-2012 07:07 AM

My railroad car is finally catching up with your train. Almost out of water . Need help posting my fabrics and my block

Carolyn

Everose 03-18-2012 07:21 AM

Oh my!!! Wonder which way the train is coming from? Is it the east or west? Oh, well, I'm getting anxious. My machine is threaded and fabric is ready. If it comes early, I'll join the ladies in the club car - put my feet up and someone said strawberry lemonade. I'll take an extra lemon slice with no ice. Thank you.

Can't wait.

Quilt group is meeting this afternoon. Name is "Get It Done Someday". No wonder I have so many UFO's. Oh well this year is the year to dig them up. With all the patterns out there, whoever receives one as a gift, won't know if I goofed (instructional modification) or not.

Sunny outside. Just watered my tulips and irises. They are up about 4" . Tried to talk them into waiting because we might have more cool weather, but they were anxious.

Have a great day ladies.

vickig626 03-18-2012 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose (Post 5067872)
Just in time - though it wouldn't take much to get me to take off the teal print and add a fuchsia - nah, once it's pressed, it's time to leave it alone. I can hardly wait to see what we do with the dominant fabric.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]320522[/ATTACH]
I'd like a strawberry lemonade unless the train serves wine without sulfites. Just sitting here in the club car with my feet up watching the scenery go by. Monday, here we come!

LOVE LOVE LOVE that purple floral. Pretty purples are so hard to find. Is that a fairly recent fabric? If so, do you know the name of it (or manufacturer)? I'd love to get my hands on some of that !! And your blocks are gorgeous as is!!

islandwiz1 03-18-2012 07:31 AM

Well I have tried and tried to post my pictures of my blocks and fabrics but it keeps saying it failed. Sooooo
I am just hopping on without pictures. I am very thirsty where is the "Club Car???"

islandwiz1 03-18-2012 07:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I found you

paintmejudy 03-18-2012 08:12 AM

Can you hear the whistle blow?

1 Attachment(s)
The train is on it's way, should be here on time tomorrow morning.

pdcakm 03-18-2012 09:18 AM

while waiting, here at the station, i will have been completing a bag for my ddil. her b'day was a couple of days ago but we couldn't get together until today. luckily she is a real sweetie and appreciates handmade goods.

we have been agonizing over my oldest dgd's junior prom dress. what a trial it has been. she ordered it online and it took a month to arrive. no more time to get another and it is too large and very shoddy work. they took it to a seamstress who has to practically remake it. there go the savings they thought they were getting. ultimately it will look great.

i am working on a one block wonder with the cubes pattern. looks like you can see into the cubes. using those darling pansy prints i have been collecting for a couple of years.

irishrose 03-18-2012 09:34 AM

vickig626, the purple is Electic Garden by Jason Yenter for In the Beginning fabrics 2009. Works4me did an online search for it. I don't think she was successful and I emptied the bolt at my LQS so I'm no help.

islandwiz1, I love your colors. The blocks look good.

Monday is coming. Woohoo! I want to see where the pretty purple goes.