Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/welcome-aboard-mystery-quilt-train-never-too-late-join-ride-t180032.html)

SunlitenSmiles 03-09-2012 01:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
my Mystery Quilt Train blocks got to go visiting today. this is at the meeting of the guilds charity quilt group...see all (60) the pretty quilts that were turned in at the meeting on Wednesday ! Mystery blocks had fun.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]318468[/ATTACH]
That is my friend holding the blocks and another friend checking for threads.....they have both made hundreds of charity quilts, a blessing toknow them.

QuilterMomma 03-09-2012 01:45 PM

Awesome charity quilts. love it. thanks for sharing.

CajunBear 03-09-2012 01:51 PM

Step 2 Completed!

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks everyone! I have so much trouble with fabrics that don't scream! lol Love bright colors!

Here are my blocks! Waiting for the next clues!

And that seam ripper is really beautiful, he needs to sell those I've never seen one better looking! I'd be proud to rip! I mean after all I usually have to rip something! lol

Hugs,
Cajun

CajunBear 03-09-2012 01:52 PM

Oh love all those great quilts for Charity!

Hugs,
Cajun

SunlitenSmiles 03-09-2012 05:04 PM

great happy colors Cajun, IMHO they look like summer is almost here, yummy.

islandwiz1 03-09-2012 05:50 PM

I have been looking at everyones colors and I just got pulled in. I hope this train has room for me too. I have been in my stash and too many colors are talking to me! But I finally found the six that I will use. Tomorrow I will cut and post a picture if all goes well.

pdcakm 03-09-2012 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by islandwiz1 (Post 5045875)
I have been looking at everyones colors and I just got pulled in. I hope this train has room for me too. I have been in my stash and too many colors are talking to me! But I finally found the six that I will use. Tomorrow I will cut and post a picture if all goes well.

welcome. look forward to seeing your fabrics.

sunliten - looks like your guild is as prolific as ours with community quilts. we donate to several different charities. it is wonderful.

coopah 03-10-2012 06:29 AM

So far, I have not been able to upload a photo of my colors. I'm getting "antsy" to sew the strips together. So here's my question: F is the focus fabric...i would like it to be in the center of my strip set. Is that okay, or do I need to put the strips in ABC order when sewing? Hope paintmejudy can answer this. Hope to get a picture posted one day.

Jenniky 03-10-2012 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by islandwiz1 (Post 5045875)

Welcome Aboard! :)

coopah 03-10-2012 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by coopah (Post 5046829)
So far, I have not been able to upload a photo of my colors. I'm getting "antsy" to sew the strips together. So here's my question: F is the focus fabric...i would like it to be in the center of my strip set. Is that okay, or do I need to put the strips in ABC order when sewing? Hope paintmejudy can answer this. Hope to get a picture posted one day.

Never mind. Retired Navy wife speak: Belay my last. I read previous postings and see that it doesn't matter what order the strips are in, but darks should be in the middle. Off to sew!