Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/welcome-aboard-mystery-quilt-train-never-too-late-join-ride-t180032.html)

Foxflower 03-09-2012 08:53 AM

Debtex -- beautifull blocks!

CajunBear 03-09-2012 09:07 AM

My Fabric Cut!

1 Attachment(s)
Well thanks to the horrible weather, thunderstorms and lightening I wasn't able to be online very long last night. So I cut my fabrics for the Mystery!

I was in Hobby Lobby yesterday getting some crochet thread and as usual stopped by the fabrics. Well the brown with colorful circles on it almost jumped into my arms. I had to have it. I love color and this filled the bill! Also I knew I had complimentary fabrics that would work with this. So the brown is my focus fabric and all the colors in it are so vivid. I am hoping for an eye-catching finished product. Might even keep it for myself!

Today, I was get Step 2 done!

Hugs,
Cajun

Caroline S 03-09-2012 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Everose (Post 5043208)
Okay, I cut and sewed today. Of course, in the process I had to use the new ripper that DH made me. He is a woodturner and had to try something new. [ATTACH=CONFIG]318305[/ATTACH]

Love both the seam ripper and your fabrics.

Caroline S 03-09-2012 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by CajunBear (Post 5044724)
Well thanks to the horrible weather, thunderstorms and lightening I wasn't able to be online very long last night. So I cut my fabrics for the Mystery!

I was in Hobby Lobby yesterday getting some crochet thread and as usual stopped by the fabrics. Well the brown with colorful circles on it almost jumped into my arms. I had to have it. I love color and this filled the bill! Also I knew I had complimentary fabrics that would work with this. So the brown is my focus fabric and all the colors in it are so vivid. I am hoping for an eye-catching finished product. Might even keep it for myself!

Hugs,
Cajun

Great focus fabric:thumbup:. It is getting so hard to wait for the next stop on this Mystery Train.

whitepine 03-09-2012 09:46 AM

CarolinS, Another vote for the spot/dots. It really pulls those colors together.

Everose, Love your B&W fabric....and the classy seamripper. It's always nice to do things with style. :)

Debtex, Those beautiful flowers made me smile. They're like a bouquet.

Foxflower 03-09-2012 10:35 AM

Cajun, very cheerful fabrics!

Tia 03-09-2012 10:38 AM

Thanks for making this so easy to find. I really like having all of the instructions together.

Originally Posted by works4me (Post 5042455)
Try this. It is in word.

Tia 03-09-2012 10:39 AM

Love your fabrics and especially the seam ripper. Real classy!

Originally Posted by Everose (Post 5043208)
Okay, I cut and sewed today. Of course, in the process I had to use the new ripper that DH made me. He is a woodturner and had to try something new. [ATTACH=CONFIG]318305[/ATTACH]

Jenniky 03-09-2012 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Everose (Post 5043224)
Oh, someone said PARTY!!! Yes, I read it, and singing (I like country western best). Oh I like this train more and more. However, instead of ale could I have a little wine in a Diet Pepsi. Darn - gave up pop for lent - I'll have to wait until after Easter or join you with water and lemon.

Fun Fun... Looking awesome Everose :) *Here let me put another dollar in the jukebox for ya! How about the "Watermelon Crawl". :) :) :)

Jenniky 03-09-2012 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by CajunBear (Post 5044724)

Hugs,
Cajun

Great Colors.... I love the chocolate dots fabric. Dun't ferget to check yer scant 1/4 before sewing :) :) :) Storms are fun in moderation. Just plain old darn cold here right now. No fun at all. :(