Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/welcome-aboard-mystery-quilt-train-never-too-late-join-ride-t180032.html)

Caroline S 03-08-2012 04:05 PM

Changed my Focus Fabric

2 Attachment(s)
I decided that I really did not have the focus fabric that worked well with my blocks. Went to Joannes this afternoon and found a fabric that I think will work. First pic is of the first choice from stash and the second is what I purchased today. What do you all think?

Sadiemae 03-08-2012 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Caroline S (Post 5043003)
I decided that I really did not have the focus fabric that worked well with my blocks. Went to Joannes this afternoon and found a fabric that I think will work. First pic is of the first choice from stash and the second is what I purchased today. What do you all think?

I love the second fabric that you just purchased!!!:thumbup:

Caroline S 03-08-2012 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae (Post 5043022)
I love the second fabric that you just purchased!!!:thumbup:

Thanks Sadiemae. I had my chief enabler with me today and I have to give her the credit for finding the fabric.

QuilterMomma 03-08-2012 04:42 PM

Go for the second one if you are looking for an opinion. It seems to help the others just pop right on out there.

SunlitenSmiles 03-08-2012 04:53 PM

luv the spots of color they are so cheerful !

Foxflower 03-08-2012 04:57 PM

The second one really ties them together I think.

Everose 03-08-2012 05:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay, I cut and sewed today. Of course, in the process I had to use the new ripper that DH made me. He is a woodturner and had to try something new. [ATTACH=CONFIG]318305[/ATTACH]

Everose 03-08-2012 05:35 PM

Oh, someone said PARTY!!! Yes, I read it, and singing (I like country western best). Oh I like this train more and more. However, instead of ale could I have a little wine in a Diet Pepsi. Darn - gave up pop for lent - I'll have to wait until after Easter or join you with water and lemon.

VickiM 03-08-2012 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Caroline S (Post 5043003)

Oh, yeah...love the dots!

VickiM 03-08-2012 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Everose (Post 5043208)
Okay, I cut and sewed today. Of course, in the process I had to use the new ripper that DH made me. He is a woodturner and had to try something new. [ATTACH=CONFIG]318305[/ATTACH]

I'm loving your choices...I have that same (red) fabric, but in green. And if one must rip...do it in style! Hubby did a beautiful job on the ripper!