Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/welcome-aboard-mystery-quilt-train-never-too-late-join-ride-t180032.html)

Everose 03-24-2012 11:22 AM

Guess what else I found today???? I found a 10` wedge in with some of my sewing things. Can't remember when I purchased but now I can send for the bargello pattern that I have been wanting so bad and PLAY. DH sisters might drive here after DD college graduation, so have been trying to put a little bit of my fabric away every day. Had to move it all out of an upstairs bedroom when Mom came to live with us. Finding things I had forgotten about.

Also found 2 boxes of Christmas fabrics and UFO's. I do believe they multiply faster than rabbits.

I was so excited that I almost spit nails. Hubby came home last night and said he had stopped at Harbor Freights - I just said I get more fabric now. No problem, he said. WOW! I'm on a roll.

Yes the chocolate wine is great!!! But just for sipping small amounts. I could go for some chocolate candy bars about now.

CajunBear 03-24-2012 11:29 AM

3rd Step

1 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone! Hope you are having a wonderful Saturday! We are here in Louisiana the sun is out and an hour ago it was 81 Deg F but now it's 77 Deg F so that tells me it's gonna be cold in the morning for church. I tell you Satan is at work...weatherman said it's going to be like 58. Now I know that is tropics for some of you but I just don't like the cold! lol

At any rate, here is my 3rd step, now I made wider borders and after the next step will decide whether to leave them. I had some problems as I made the first two blocks and they were perfect, then I kept pinning the next two and thinking "man something is really wrong" but I couldn't figure it out so I sewed but didn't trim anything. Took a snapshot and Jean and I talked about it. Well I had to fix it once I realize I had lined things up wrong and I had the two long skinny, skinny spokes on my star! lol

Can't wait for the next clue!

Hugs,
Cajun

SunlitenSmiles 03-24-2012 11:42 AM

really jolly Everose, now i am hungry for peppermint candy canes.......:)

Cajun those are great fabrics !!!!!

Everose 03-24-2012 11:53 AM

CajunBear - your square reminds me of sherbert. Love those colors and the black frames it wonderfully. Now the wait for the next clue. Oh darn.....

SunlitenSmiles 03-24-2012 12:55 PM

8 days and 20 hours but who is counting

219 hours

Finishing up the binding on a charity quilt today and making a Cynthia England Butterfly

whitepine 03-24-2012 01:04 PM

Wonderful blocks SulaBug and CajunBear. Your center pinwheels show up so brightly. Sulabug, I like how your star cuts across more fabrics in your block. Glad you mentioned it because I would probably have missed it. :)

SunlitenSmiles 03-24-2012 02:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have had the book for years....and wanted to do picturepiecing...TODAY was the day I decided to 'just do it'
here is the photo, have not taken the papers off yet....so
tiny drum roll

[ATTACH=CONFIG]322307[/ATTACH]

PokerDiva 03-24-2012 02:47 PM

We want to see the other side. You won't believe this but the very first quilt I tried was a picture. Didn't turn out too bad. Very tiny tiny tiny pieces though and when it was done it bowed in the middle. Never did quilt it. Keep thinking I should try. Chicken I guess. Afraid I might make it worse.

Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles (Post 5087676)
I have had the book for years....and wanted to do picturepiecing...TODAY was the day I decided to 'just do it'
here is the photo, have not taken the papers off yet....so
tiny drum roll

[ATTACH=CONFIG]322307[/ATTACH]

SunlitenSmiles 03-24-2012 02:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
and here it is....and you can use the pattern papers over because you do not sew through them...this is so cool
sorry i get really jazzed about this, well any new thing i learn

[ATTACH=CONFIG]322322[/ATTACH]

SheriR 03-24-2012 02:53 PM

Super cute butterfly!!! Can we pass your book around during dessert?