Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Quilt Along January 2013 >

Quilt Along January 2013

Quilt Along January 2013

Old 02-03-2013, 09:27 PM

Hi

I have been watching the thread and have loved all the blocks that everyone has made, I am going to start makeing them and will try to catch up berfore the en or when my fabric runs out. Lynda Rae I love your fabric the coulor are a nice mix together. Something I would like I would like in a quilt.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:33 AM

I love your color choices Sapphire_Rae! Beautiful!
Old 02-04-2013, 09:21 AM

I am so loving all the blocks and colors and fabrics. Am feeling much better so hopefully tomorrow I will feel like getting back into the sewing chair.
In the past two weeks I have had major hip surgery, followed by pneumonia and now a cold! I need to start having fun again.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:39 AM

Local lqs, when I actually get up today I will see who they are from and the names of the fabric. I am almost positive the coral and fish fabrics are Robert Kaufman fabrics.

Rosie the Wyldwytch

Originally Posted by Dedemac View Post
Wyld,

Love the fishes, coral and the purple!!! Where did you find them?
Old 02-04-2013, 01:48 PM

Great blocks showing up here. I have yet to jmake any, but am enjoying the ride along!! My dear sister is learning, and by the looks of it, might be able to teach me a few things soon. I am loving the inspiration I am seeing here. Can't remember the names, but there were several on design walls, and I loved them all. The one asking about the sashing, I see two big diamonds there, if you eliminate those 2 blocks on top. Square it up with the color of choice, or go with a shaped top. Oh, the possibilities!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-04-2013, 02:34 PM

OK, to fix or not to fix? I just pressed and looked at this and realized that I put two of the blocks together backwards! I think I need to have the actual printout next to me when I figure out what goes where. Leaving the computer on and open to the correct page just doesn't seem to work. The best thing is my seams are, getting better. This block came out the right size 12.5 inches square.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]393134[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsci2839email.jpg  
Old 02-04-2013, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Dedemac View Post
OK, to fix or not to fix? I just pressed and looked at this and realized that I put two of the blocks together backwards! I think I need to have the actual printout next to me when I figure out what goes where. Leaving the computer on and open to the correct page just doesn't seem to work. The best thing is my seams are, getting better. This block came out the right size 12.5 inches square.
I know that isnt the right layout, but OMG that came out stunning, I would just chalk it up to learning experience and leave it like that, it is amazing in it's own right as it is. There are no hard/fast rules here, it is basically to help us all learn new skills and challenge ourselves with things we wouldnt normally try (or that is my take on it) I say if the end result looks good, keep it
Old 02-04-2013, 05:16 PM

Dedemac I would leave it! It looks great that way too!
I got two more blocks finished and I can't find my camera card reader
Old 02-04-2013, 07:35 PM

Yup, keep it. That looks fabulous!
Old 02-05-2013, 12:03 PM

I am way behind -- what can I say, life happens. I had a colonoscopy go south and then DH got the crud. Still a bit tired, but trying to get on track again. On my best days I am a slow piecer and on my worst a turtle would run circles around me.

After much debate I choose to do Christmas colors -- all the fabrics are from my stash. These are the first two -- I had fun with them.
Attached Thumbnails 1st-2-weekly-blocks.jpg