Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 852

Thread: Quilts for Rosie - Weekly Paper Pieced Sampler Quilt Along

  1. #51
    Senior Member sewhappy30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    454
    Ordered my book today. Can't wait to get it so I can look through it and figure out what colors I'm going to use. I have several 30's fat quarters I might use them, I'll have to wait and see after I get my book.

  2. #52
    Senior Member Robinlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    On the plains of the Dakota's
    Posts
    792
    I received my book today. Loved the history in the book. I will have to pull out my old suit quilt and see if it has wool on the inside. My late first husband received it from his grandmother.

    Anyway, I will join the group and make my Rosie quilt. Not sure what fabrics yet, but I have sometime to think about it. So put me down, can't wait.
    "We can never have too much fabric" and "May the Fabric Fairy always keep your stash filled".

    Robinlee

  3. #53
    Senior Member Patricia Faye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lakehills Texas
    Posts
    310
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinlee View Post
    I received my book today. Loved the history in the book. I will have to pull out my old suit quilt and see if it has wool on the inside. My late first husband received it from his grandmother.

    Anyway, I will join the group and make my Rosie quilt. Not sure what fabrics yet, but I have sometime to think about it. So put me down, can't wait.
    Wonderful Robinlee! So happy to have you join us. I'm still trying to decide what fabric too. I'm going to make both the large & small blocks so I'll end up with 2 quilts - 1 for me & 1 to give away.
    Patricia Faye

  4. #54
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7
    I have ordered the book and hope to be able to join in! Can't wait for the book to be delivered so I can get some fabrics sorted.

  5. #55
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3
    I just ordered the book. Hope I can get some of my projects out of the way. Don't want to fall behind on this one.

  6. #56
    Super Member Anael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,549
    One of these days I have to go to the LQS and they should have the book. So I will have a look inside and decide if I will join.
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat



  7. #57
    Super Member janRN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    western Pa
    Posts
    4,601
    My book came today. The first thing I checked for was blocks with y-seams and I only found one. I'm good to go. I hate y-seams (as my fellow Pony Club Quilters know all too well LOL). I'm anxious to get started! Still wavering about what fabric to use but that's half the fun, isn't it?
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

  8. #58
    Senior Member sewhappy30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    454
    Got my book today! I love paper piecing,can't wait to get started on this quilt with all of you all. Seems like I enjoy myself more if I'm doing a quilt along with a group, keeps me motivated and it's very helpful to be able to ask questions and see pictures of others blocks. This is going to be so much fun, I hope we have all kinds of people join us for this.

  9. #59
    Senior Member Patricia Faye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lakehills Texas
    Posts
    310
    I'm with you sewhappy30! Looking forward to a lot of fun!
    Patricia Faye

  10. #60
    Senior Member Patricia Faye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lakehills Texas
    Posts
    310
    Welcome Kirsty & Sapphire Quilter. So happy to have you join us. We are going to have fun!
    Patricia Faye

  11. #61
    Senior Member jtquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    So, Idaho
    Posts
    646
    Blog Entries
    1
    I kept reading the posts left on this thread and I am bit by the bug! I ordered the book last night. I am thinking about the fabrics I have and can't decide which to use so I will wait for the book to come. I have some Christmas stash but, not enough ( where did I get that idea, janRN?) I am so looking forward to this! Thanks, Patricia Faye!
    Judith

  12. #62
    Senior Member Patricia Faye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lakehills Texas
    Posts
    310
    So happy to have you join in jtquilts! The more the merrier...can hardly wait until September.
    Patricia Faye

  13. #63
    Super Member janRN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    western Pa
    Posts
    4,601
    More good news: there are NO y-seams in these blocks!!! I looked closer at the patterns. (Can you tell I hate y-seams LOL?????)
    jtquilts, I'm still undecided about fabric but I'm really leaning towards Christmasy. I did the Farmer's Wife Sampler and I'm finishing (I hope) the Farmer's Wife Pony quilts in scrappy fabrics. Christmasy will be so different and hold the attention of my Senior Blonde mind. It will be fun seeing what everyone here chooses. The blocks are the same but the color interpretations make them appear completely different.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

  14. #64
    Super Member rwquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the west that I love!
    Posts
    3,679
    Blog Entries
    4
    Patricia Faye I have just ordered the book on Ebay, so guess instead of thinking of joining, I am joining!
    Ronda





  15. #65
    Power Poster QuiltE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    15,120
    Quote Originally Posted by janRN View Post
    More good news: there are NO y-seams in these blocks!!! I looked closer at the patterns. (Can you tell I hate y-seams LOL?????)
    jtquilts, I'm still undecided about fabric but I'm really leaning towards Christmasy. I did the Farmer's Wife Sampler and I'm finishing (I hope) the Farmer's Wife Pony quilts in scrappy fabrics. Christmasy will be so different and hold the attention of my Senior Blonde mind. It will be fun seeing what everyone here chooses. The blocks are the same but the color interpretations make them appear completely different.

    Good job .. you already conquered the Y problem! I see Christmasy with bling! Get out there woman and find lots of glitz. With your knack in the other two at wow-pow jewel contrasts I predict some beauties in the 4" category!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  16. #66
    Senior Member Patricia Faye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lakehills Texas
    Posts
    310
    Wonderful Ronda! So happy to have you join in!

    I printed out all the patterns a few weeks ago. Last night I began cutting them out & putting each in a plastic sleeve preparing for September. Still trying to decide on the fabrics so I can get that set aside too. After seeing the small block patterns' sizes, I've decided to use my fabric scraps so I can use them up so I guess it will be scrappy. Can hardly wait!
    Patricia Faye

  17. #67
    Super Member dublb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Brady TX
    Posts
    5,954
    I'm just gonna follow this thread & might join if/when I git caught up. I'm so far behind that I'm beginnin' feel like I'm drownin'! On top of it all I've got another grandbaby due in March!!! Gotta make a quilt!!! (I guess I'll pull out those square in squares that I played w/last fall.)
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

  18. #68
    Super Member Anael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,549
    Make a list dublb and don't stick to it, just as I do
    Congrats on the new grandbaby, it's very early to know and I hope everything will go well!
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat



  19. #69
    Super Member Honchey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Central Jersey & Calabash,NC
    Posts
    3,893
    I know, I know I don't need any more on my plate BUT I have to be where most of my FWS buddies will be...I received my book today and need to know if anyone had a problem with printing the patterns..some of the printing is very close to the edge of the inside of the page...I think I will have to remove the binding from the book to get it nice & flat....any suggestions? Honchey

  20. #70
    Super Member Anael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,549
    I don't have the book yet but might buy it this week. So I have no idea about printing the patterns.
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat



  21. #71
    Super Member janRN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    western Pa
    Posts
    4,601
    OMG Patricia Faye doesn't know what she's getting herself into with the PC group joining her LOL!! Glad to see all of you.
    Honchey, I sort of "broke" the binding--kept pushing it flat andfolding it back and forth. I printed out a couple and you're right, they are close to the edge but printed okay. No distortion.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

  22. #72
    Power Poster QuiltE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    15,120
    aha! Honchey is coming over for a "rest"!
    I haven't seen the book, and likely will not be joining (I know, I know .... famous.last.words!) ... just too much on my plate and you ladies know I am waaaaaay behind on the PC trail!

    Though with only 20 blocks, and 4" minis, I'm intrigued.

    A question ... do you get the pattern for both the 4" and whatever the other size is? (sorry, my brain can't remember the size options.
    Or is it just one pattern and then you shrink it or enlarge to the size you want?

    Hearing that they were in the book, I was thinking of doing like I did for PC. That is, to get the binding cut off. Then photocopy the pages I needed. Then have it put back together with a coil binding.

    I'm hoping that one of the stores during the Shop Hop will have the book, and I can get a look at it .... and perhaps purchase it?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  23. #73
    Senior Member Patricia Faye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lakehills Texas
    Posts
    310
    Honchey, I did like janRN & broke the binding. I didn't have any problems printing them. What is nice is all the templates for the small blocks are all on 1 page. Wish they would do that for larger blocks but I guess it would be too many pages!

    dublb - congratulations on your new grand baby.

    So I've been busy! In May we put in an addition (8 X 40) to our little house. We've rearranged & enlarged the laundry room, added a small bathroom with a shower & added sewing room for me! So excited but it is a lot of work. We hired an electrician to the wiring for the new a/c, plugs & switches, but we're doing a lot of the stuff ourselves. We painted the siding after it was installed & I added a flower bed next to it with 3 rose bushes. My husband did the plumbing stuff and I was his helper. That took almost a week to get everything moved, installed & working. We're waiting on a bid for the drywall installation (neither of us is very good at the taping & floating). Today I spent all day putting insulation in the walls & ceiling. My husband is highly allergic to the insulation so I told him I'd do it. Trying to save money by doing some of this ourselves but somethings are better left to the professionals. We're still deciding on flooring. I'll probably just do all tile and do it myself. I have done all the tiling in our house so have gotten pretty good at it.

    At any rate, our project has taken me away from everything else those days, but my husband is great & has no problem when I tell him we're taking the day off! Thank goodness we're retired or this project would take even longer to complete! BUT I still take time to sew & so will definitely be ready for Rosie in September.
    Patricia Faye

  24. #74
    Senior Member Patricia Faye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lakehills Texas
    Posts
    310
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    aha! Honchey is coming over for a "rest"!
    I haven't seen the book, and likely will not be joining (I know, I know .... famous.last.words!) ... just too much on my plate and you ladies know I am waaaaaay behind on the PC trail!

    Though with only 20 blocks, and 4" minis, I'm intrigued.

    A question ... do you get the pattern for both the 4" and whatever the other size is? (sorry, my brain can't remember the size options.
    Or is it just one pattern and then you shrink it or enlarge to the size you want?

    Hearing that they were in the book, I was thinking of doing like I did for PC. That is, to get the binding cut off. Then photocopy the pages I needed. Then have it put back together with a coil binding.

    I'm hoping that one of the stores during the Shop Hop will have the book, and I can get a look at it .... and perhaps purchase it?

    Both sets of patterns are in the book. No need to enlarge or shrink. I like your idea of the coil binding. I did the same thing with the 50 Fab Paper Pieced Stars and it made things so much easier!
    Patricia Faye

  25. #75
    Senior Member Patricia Faye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lakehills Texas
    Posts
    310
    Quote Originally Posted by janRN View Post
    OMG Patricia Faye doesn't know what she's getting herself into with the PC group joining her LOL!! Glad to see all of you.
    Honchey, I sort of "broke" the binding--kept pushing it flat andfolding it back and forth. I printed out a couple and you're right, they are close to the edge but printed okay. No distortion.

    OK I'll show my ignorance. What is the PC group?
    Patricia Faye

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.