Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Rhonda's Sampler Quilt Along - week 25 >

Rhonda's Sampler Quilt Along - week 25

Rhonda's Sampler Quilt Along - week 25

Old 01-10-2011, 08:23 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by klgreene
Originally Posted by cjomomma
Where's Katie? She's always on this as soon as me.
I'm here CJ....did you miss me. I'm going to be gone this afternoon. There are two girls here on the board that live in my town....yippppppeeeee and I am going to go to the quilt club. This week I'll just do show and tell. So I can see what they do.
Yes I did miss you!!

How fun for you. I just found out 1 one of the board members vacations about 25 miles from me so we will get to meet next time they here.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:50 AM
Power Poster

Where's Katie? She's always on this as soon as me.
I'm here CJ....did you miss me. I'm going to be gone this afternoon. There are two girls here on the board that live in my town....yippppppeeeee and I am going to go to the quilt club. This week I'll just do show and tell. So I can see what they do.
Yes I did miss you!!

How fun for you. I just found out 1 one of the board members vacations about 25 miles from me so we will get to meet next time they here.

I'm sooooo jealous!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I'm green with envy of both of you!! LOL I would love to meet you both!
Old 01-10-2011, 09:56 AM
Power Poster

Rhonda I would love to meet you too!!!!!!
Old 01-10-2011, 10:43 AM
Power Poster

Too bad you couldn't come to my quilt retreat. We would have a blast!
Old 01-10-2011, 10:44 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Rhonda
Too bad you couldn't come to my quilt retreat. We would have a blast!
Oh, how I wish!!!
Old 01-11-2011, 09:53 AM

Oh I'd love to meet you both, but I don't travel well. I'm going to my sons the end of March in CA, and although I am dying to see my son, DDIL and DGD's, I dread looking forward to the trip. I'll be doing it alone, and that isn't fun.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:08 AM
Power Poster

Oh I'd love to meet you both, but I don't travel well. I'm going to my sons the end of March in CA, and although I am dying to see my son, DDIL and DGD's, I dread looking forward to the trip. I'll be doing it alone, and that isn't fun.
I'm not a traveler. Too much a homebody. I am not that brave to get out and go new places I guess. My mom would love to travel overseas but not me. I don't even care to drive long distances. DH used to drive and he loved to drive all day but now that he can't drive I have to. I am more about getting from point a to point b instead of enjoying the scenery.

But meeting board members especially you two might be worth trip!
Old 01-11-2011, 10:18 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Rhonda
I'm not a traveler. Too much a homebody. I am not that brave to get out and go new places I guess. My mom would love to travel overseas but not me. I don't even care to drive long distances. DH used to drive and he loved to drive all day but now that he can't drive I have to. I am more about getting from point a to point b instead of enjoying the scenery.

But meeting board members especially you two might be worth trip!
I have the same ploblem. Infact I get terrible anxiety when I have to drive outside of the city limits.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:30 AM

Oh driving doesn't bother me, and flying wouldn't if I was capable to getting my wheelchair in and out of cars. I've drivin from Ohio to Ca, and back again. MN to NM. all over the country, through big cities like LA and Chicago, but it's the independence I have right now that intimidates me. Or lack of it. I was hoping that I'd be walking now, but since I shattered my hip. It may never happen.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:04 PM
Power Poster

Oh driving doesn't bother me, and flying wouldn't if I was capable to getting my wheelchair in and out of cars. I've drivin from Ohio to Ca, and back again. MN to NM. all over the country, through big cities like LA and Chicago, but it's the independence I have right now that intimidates me. Or lack of it. I was hoping that I'd be walking now, but since I shattered my hip. It may never happen.
At least you can still sew!! LOL I would be intimidated for sure trying to fly if I couldn't walk. But a lot of people live in w/cs and do just fine. I know they make provisions for w/cs but there are times when I so would love to be an inspector and file reports on places that say they are handicap accesible but they aren't. Their idea of handicap accessible is a parking space. Never mind the heavy door you can't get through on the building. DH is in a w/c but he can walk at times. He loses the use of his limbs with no warning but he is able to walk part of the time. It just depends.