Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The "sye" spike your english block of the month...march >

The "sye" spike your english block of the month...march

The "sye" spike your english block of the month...march

Old 03-20-2014, 02:08 PM
Power Poster

janRN- to post your pictures- when you type in your 'reply' in the box- then below the box are 3 options- 'post quick reply; Go advanced & cancel- click on 'Go Advanced' then scroll down to 'manage attachments' the browse- find your pictures- click on upload- the wait while it says to wait- then you can close that 'box'- you are back here- then click submit reply- your comments and pictures will show up.
Old 03-20-2014, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by nygal View Post
Marabelle, I love your quilt!!! It looks wonderful. That border is really nice. Can I ask what fabric it is??

nygal the dark green I used in the blocks and dark orange fabrics in the border were Twist and Shout by Red Rooster Fabrics 2005. The fabric I used for the setting triangles, print in the blocks and the final border was Florentine by P & B Textiles 2006 I wanted to mitre the final border but didn't have enough.

Thank you for your kind words everyone, I really enjoyed making this quilt and I guess as it was DD's fabric the quilt will end up in her "collection"..

I "acquired" this fabric from my DD's stash
Old 03-20-2014, 05:08 PM

Thanks, Ck--it wasn't pics I couldn't post. I'd type a reply, hit Post Quick Reply and I'd get a message saying that I wasn't authorized to reply, log in (which I was) or refresh page (which I did). It wouldn't let me reply--I tried commenting on your & Mirab's pics 3 times. Finally contacted admin, now it works! I think there were gremlins possessing my laptop LOL.
Old 03-21-2014, 04:53 AM

Ckcowl & Mirabelle...beautiful combination of blocks. I have all of mine sewed, sashing on and two rows together. I ran into a snag when I came to one block that I hadn't trimmed on all sides, and just lost my mojo temporarily. Those short y seams aren't hard but it seems to take forever to get a row attached. It's my March goal to get it together so I better get hopping!
Old 03-23-2014, 06:43 AM

Here are my bloc[ATTACH=CONFIG]468584[/ATTACH]ks and the border I think I'm going to use. The blocks need moved around for the final layout but I'd like your opinions on the pieced border. Is it too much? Should I make them all the same? I've made them using the fabrics from the blocks. There would be a blue border around the outer edge of the blocks then the pieced border. Please be honest--I can take it LOL!
Attached Thumbnails sye-blocks.jpg  
Old 03-23-2014, 09:07 AM

JanRN, I really like your layout and colors...It seems to be about perfect in colors and layout. Your blue makes it all 'pop'! Makes me think of Spring and lovely tulips in bloom.

Our tulips are coming up and daffodils, too. I checked the Mountain Growers internet site and they have various lavender species...think I will order as many different varieties as I can, to go in my perennial bed in front of the house, giving me all summer long bloom with very little work that I will have to do on the bed. Ordered Bibical Herbs from them a few years ago and loved their healthy plants.
Old 03-23-2014, 09:50 AM
Power Poster

I love your borders! the pieced border is wonderful- using fabrics from the quilt- i'm going to do something the same (not tulips, but a pieced border with fabrics from the blocks) I love your choice. the deep saturated blue certainly show-cases the whole thing- it is just lovely!
Old 03-23-2014, 12:16 PM

Oh very pretty Jan. I also love the blue. Try a little wider space of blue between the blocks and the border, I think it might frame the blocks a little better???? I like the pieced border with all the different colors - beautiful!
Old 03-23-2014, 01:22 PM

Jan, I love your border too!! I still have to finish the last block then will try and decide how I will make them into a top. Decisions...decisions...
Old 03-23-2014, 04:05 PM

I love the idea of using the fabric from the blocks for the pieced border..The blue you've chosen is dynamite.! Fantastic work on this quilt..Kudos