Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The "SYE" Spike your English BOM Quilt-Along- September

Quote Originally Posted by Anael View Post
    So it looks like I'm the first to post my block? Ok, here it is.
    Attachment 433826
    I didn't do the setting triangles yet.
    Anael ya did post the first block!!! I just love your contrast! This block just shines! Hmmm kinda makes me think o' tulips.
    Quote Originally Posted by carriem View Post
    Anael--very pretty block.

Here is my block #1
    I wonder why your pict didn't copy like the rest o' 'em? It's a truly "Carrie" block. I just love how ya used the yellow ta unite your block.
    Quote Originally Posted by janRN View Post
    Very pretty blocks Anael & Carrie. I think people are going to be amazed at how different the same block pattern looks with different fabric choices. Here's mine:Attachment 433837
    Oh I just love it in the red & black!!! Those yellow centers just shine!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jillnjo View Post
    What lovely colors and blocks!! I am finding these fun, even though they don't go fast with all the tiny pieces! Here is mine.Attachment 433844
    Your block just dances! It seems ta f=grow from the center out! It's just amaizin'!
    Quote Originally Posted by grannyQ View Post
    Beautiful blocks ladies, lots of color, here is my first block
    Attachment 433846
    This is a vintage Grannie Q.block. I knew immediately it was yours. Such an awesome cool block, w/the cool blue radiatin' out. I have told ya blue is my favorite color haven't I?

Hmmm now none o' the picts are showin'up. Ptffff.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Such lovely ... gorgeous .. blocks so far!! And all so different! Different from mine as well, which I will post this evening when I get home from work.

We don't have to pick a favorite do we? I can't!!!
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

This was a good challenge for me I have not done very much PP. But happy with it. Hope it gets faster it took me all day to do it.
    Everyone block are so pretty love the all.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Wow! What a color and fabric placement study y'all have provided. Everyone's is so beautiful and so different.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

Juanita, your block is lovely! It took me quite a while too to make the block and I'm used to PP so it's not just you
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Oh my, what beautiful blocks we have posted! I can't wait to see what everyone else has done. This is sooooo fun!!! Here is my block!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Such absolutely stunning blocks!!!!

I picked fabric, but now after looking at all these beauties, I am second guessing myself.

Blog Entries
    OMG! Everybody's blocks are beautiful! My camera batteries are dead, need to get more.

Thanks .. wow beautiful block patterns.

SYE 1st block

Were we not supposed to put the background fabric on our blocks? I did. Everyone's blocks so far are really pretty. Can't wait to see them all. My picture is really pale. May be I should try it again.Katie
    Last edited by klgreene; 09-03-2013 at 11:00 AM.
    "Impossible is an opinion, not a fact" Cameron Clapp

http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...47687D2C18.png

Jeanie, I just have to say your block is beautiful! It looks a lot like mine colorwise

Katie, I will put the background fabric on the blocks once I made a few. I still didn't decide what color to use on the setting triangles.
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

I guess I better git busy LOL. All the blocks are beautifullllllll LOL

Sye

I hope this picture is a better picture. I haven't been happy with this camera since I got it. But let's give it a try. Still not a good picture but you can get the idea. That is actually a pretty pink, and the fabric is brighter. It's Northcott's "fragrance"
    Katie
    "Impossible is an opinion, not a fact" Cameron Clapp

http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...47687D2C18.png

Blog Entries
    just browsed through before adding mine- wow! what a great variety of fabulous blocks! it is always so fun to see how we all do something different with the same block and make them so *original/personal* I love projects like these! so, anyhow---here is mine- I plan to use the same light blue (settings) for all of my blocks- the interior will be scrappy-loosely following what each pattern calls for.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

KLGreene ... some of us are leaving the blocks as hexies and making place mats. There is no "supposed to" or "not supposed to" with regard to any of the blocks - we are all following our own drummers
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

More eye candy!! So many pretty blocks coming.

I'm almost tempted to make another set with some different colors now that I see these!!

Sue

Blog Entries
    Oh grannyQ, that's gorgeous! Are you going to use black/white with color for all the blocks?
    Anael, I am planning on using the black/white with different accent colors, I also have my second block done.
    Wow, everyone's block is so different but so pretty, we will be making a big splash with these blocks.
    GrannyQ

bj
    All I can say is WOW! Thank goodness I don't have to try to pick a favorite. It would be an impossible task. They're all gorgeous! Good job ladies.
    If I'm too busy to quilt, something else has to go.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marne View Post
    Such absolutely stunning blocks!!!!

I picked fabric, but now after looking at all these beauties, I am second guessing myself.
    marne I'm sure the fabric you have chosen is just great--so don't be afraid to go with what you have picked. I'm inspired to go get mine started. Wish me luck.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

My block is slowly taking shape; had to quit on it today, so only finished one more division...makes three now,so guess I am half way. Loved all the 'eye' candy; Wow and double wow. Neat, beautiful, and look perfect in every way.

Wow beautiful eye candy this morning, here is my first block. I am using the same green and main fabric throughout and the same setting triangle fabric, just changing up the colour combo a little.. Fabric compliments of my DD
    Karen

WOW. Such beautiful blocks. Love them all.
    What I make with my hands, I give with my heart.

Super Member frustratedquilter40's Avatar
    I love, love , love everyone's that has been posted not a one in the bunch that I would not like to own. They all are so beautiful and unique to each individual.

Here is my 1st block have not added the sides to make it a rectangle as not sure what color I want to use may wait till the end to make a decision on that part. Sticking with the suggested colors at this point the really dark color is actually purple but at least on my monitor it looks almost dark blue or even black.

Name:  Flowers 002.JPG
Views: 389
Size:  963.7 KB
    ​Christine

Ok ... here's mine. Soooo different from the others. Can you tell I have a weakness for prints with gold??? You cant' see it in this pic, but even the green fabric has gold edging on each "branch"

I'll be using the same background fabric, and the same green fabric for the "leaf" part in all the blocks. As you can see I changed the color between each of the flowers to the leaf fabric to look like stems. I fussy cut medallions for the center of the flower. Fussy cutting is not so much fun when paper piecing!!
    Last edited by DogHouseMom; 09-03-2013 at 04:39 PM.

Sue

Oh, three more beautiful blocks! Keep them coming everyone!!!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast