Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride! >

Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride!

Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride!

Old 03-04-2012, 08:26 PM
Power Poster

Mission Accomplished!!!Absolutely Autumn!![ATTACH=CONFIG]317376[/ATTACH]Summer Blues!![ATTACH=CONFIG]317377[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails mysterya2.jpg   mysteryb2.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltE; 03-04-2012 at 08:34 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
Mission Accomplished!!!

Absolutely Autumn!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]317376[/ATTACH]

mmer Blues!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]317377[/ATTACH]
Ohhh so pretty QuiltE. I've not even got mine cut out yet! My sinus infection is making me so tired. My head is so congested, can't seem to find something to help. Sleep is near impossible! Grouch, grouch, grouch!!!! Figured I'd screw it up royal if I tried to work on it right now! LOL
Old 03-04-2012, 08:37 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
Ohhh so pretty QuiltE. I've not even got mine cut out yet! My sinus infection is making me so tired. My head is so congested, can't seem to find something to help. Sleep is near impossible! Grouch, grouch, grouch!!!! Figured I'd screw it up royal if I tried to work on it right now! LOL
Thanks JeanieG ... as you know, I can SO relate and exactly how I was a couple of weeks ago. Even now, I'm still not really over it, like this morning when my head was just spinny!!! <SIGH>... *sigh* and when will it leave me? ...... oh about May and that is, IF we get a dry spring, which I'm kind of doubting.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:42 PM

YaYa Quilts.....Yes, my sewing machine is in the RV. We LIVE in a 38 foot motorhome. Sold the house and got rid of all the "stuff". Life is wonderful!! My machine is a Janome 6600 so it is heavy, but I love it. I keep my cutting board under the mattress. I have a small dorm room style ironing board that is usually set up over my stove when I'm actively sewing. I have material under the bed, in closets and anywhere else it will go. I have a stash of completed lap quilts and baby quilts under the bed and the queen quilts are stacked in the driver's seat. Some are donated to the local guild, some to Hospice, EMS and anyone I decide to give one to. Others go to family and friends and of course a couple are kept for us to use. I never quilted when I had room in the house, started after we went to an RV. There is a quilting group here at our winter RV park and many at others in the area. Summer is travel time and visit family time.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:47 PM
Power Poster

PaintMeJudy ... Spring is coming for sure! Great mix there for your Boyish Scrappy!

PokerDiva ... Great Mix of Blues.

EmSunfire ... Soft and Sweet. Great fussy cutting.

Nalc479 ... Great fabric choices for your 1st Mystery! Hope you have fun with it!
Old 03-04-2012, 09:22 PM

my finished blocks, Now the hard part waiting!
Attached Thumbnails p5300001.jpg  
Old 03-04-2012, 11:02 PM

Everyone's blocks look soooo pretty. Haven't done mine yet.

Thanks RVQuilter! I used my sewing machine a few days when we were rving last month. Was hoping to take it with me when we head to Arizona for Baseball Spring Training next week, but think I will take some handwork and maybe some fabrics to cut for a couple of future projects (including this mystery), instead. My DH isn't "excited" about me taking my sewing machine. I've been trying to prepare him, I've shown him some pics of other quilters who take their sewing, but, sadly, he wasn't convinced. (He thinks I sew too much.

Last edited by yayaquilts; 03-04-2012 at 11:04 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:20 AM

Here are my block's!! I think I am going to have a pretty wild block when it's all done!!
Attached Thumbnails sdc10242-800x600-.jpg  
Old 03-05-2012, 12:59 AM

love everyone of the blocks so far. even the ones using colors i don't like. by the time you put them together they look great. brights, pastels, and everything in between. how talented you all are. congratulations all.

i have mine completed but still have not gotten the equip needed to download the pics. hope to have it soon. til then it will just be a "mystery" to the rest of you. i am sure you can handle it.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:53 AM

All the blocks look amazing. Everyone should be very pleased with their work.Thanks to paintme judy for stressing the 1/4 inch seam. I was having issues with another set of blocks and it turned out it was because my needle had shifted. All fixed now and I managed to get three strips sewn together with exact 1/4 inch seams. Yippee!I, too, will have to remove and insert one strip as my floral is several inches too short. So, 44 inch fabric was more like 41 before washing. I have lots, though.Really looking forward to how this shapes up and REALLY looking forward to seeing more pics from others.By the way irishrose, I found the eclectic fabrics at Back Porch Quilts in Snohomish, had them mailed and was able to pick them up at my box in Lynden Friday. She went above and beyond to get them to me in a hurry as she knew I was going to the box Friday. I absolutely love the fabrics and am looking forward to woking with them. Thanks for your help.

Last edited by works4me; 03-05-2012 at 07:01 AM.