Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 54 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4 44 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1584

Thread: Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride!

Blog Entries
    Marytoddliz, your new design looks great. Like SheriR, it took me a bit o see the mistake. Definitely embrace your individuality.

Everose, What a creative use of the little squares. I made pinwheels but wish I had seen your idea first.

Sunliten, Wow, it is nice that the train is pausing at Empty Spools. When I win the lottery, I will make sure the train stops for a week, everybody can participate and I'll pick up the tab.

Quote Originally Posted by marytoddliz View Post
    Well i am up late again tonight! I was totally excited about getting my new Geese template and I made 16 geese so fast my head was spinning!

I just get a little too excited sometimes and don't take time to think! I really liked the idea of using the black and white for my geese rather than the turquoise. So i was quite amazed when my beautiful perfect geese did not fit! I looked at everything again and nope didn't reach the end. Soooo I decided to go back to the lesson on making the geese, and wouldn't ya just know it I made the wrong size geese.

I pressed them flat and just looked at it for a while, my husband looked at it, he suggested that I hide my error by bringing out the last color an inch to cover to the end. I decided to embrace my error and add 1 inch of color!

So what do you think? Do I need to take it apart and start stitch pickin', or Embrace my individuality???
    Definitely embrace your individuality I do that a lot too. I'm not into ripping out. I'd rather have things a little different

Blog Entries
    marytoddliz - wonderful "design change". Oh, you all have made some great squares. So many ideas for the next ones.

Judy, does this square have a name to put on the label?

Blog Entries
    Well i am up late again tonight! I was totally excited about getting my new Geese template and I made 16 geese so fast my head was spinning!

I just get a little too excited sometimes and don't take time to think! I really liked the idea of using the black and white for my geese rather than the turquoise. So i was quite amazed when my beautiful perfect geese did not fit! I looked at everything again and nope didn't reach the end. Soooo I decided to go back to the lesson on making the geese, and wouldn't ya just know it I made the wrong size geese.

I pressed them flat and just looked at it for a while, my husband looked at it, he suggested that I hide my error by bringing out the last color an inch to cover to the end. I decided to embrace my error and add 1 inch of color!

So what do you think? Do I need to take it apart and start stitch pickin', or Embrace my individuality???
    WOW!! I think it is absolutely perfect & I wouldn't change a thing. I am also a black & white fan & would be proud to display it anyday!!
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

"Judy, does this square have a name to put on the label? "

I have a few names in mind for mine but will probably go with - It's all a mystery to me.

I was asked this before and was trying to come up with something witty. However, wit didn't talk to me. So I think I am calling this Firecracker Spinning. I know this isn't the best. But all I can think of when I see the quilt, is the spinnging wheel when that particular fireworks explodes in the night sky, all the arms shooting off. Works4me - I love your suggestion! Anyone else named their's yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Everose View Post

Judy, does this square have a name to put on the label?
    Last edited by paintmejudy; 04-18-2012 at 08:24 AM.
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Blog Entries
    Thank you all so much, The more I look at it the more I like it! And I do love the Flying gees template~ It is truly a wonderful tool! I am going to add another sash of turquoise and row of geese, then bind it with a solid black. Will post pic's when I am done!

BTW, do you remember when the cat ate one of my boarders? Well if you look real close you can see that the color I added to my little "booboo" is the original color from the spinning wheel! I noticed this morning when I took a look again with fresh eyes. It is staying because this quilt has turned into a great story for me, and that is a wonderful part about quilting!

Excited about the next mystery tour~ I love working with black and white, with a little splash of color.
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Blog Entries
    My finished Mystery quilt. I ended up putting only one sashing on, It fits very nicely on our dining table. it finished out at 32 in Sq. I backed it with black and did a roll over binding. I quilted it with SID.

Thank you so much for having me along on your train ride!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    My finished Mystery quilt. I ended up putting only one sashing on, It fits very nicely on our dining table. it finished out at 32 in Sq. I backed it with black and did a roll over binding. I quilted it with SID.

Thank you so much for having me along on your train ride!
    Mary.........that is absolutely Beautiful!! I just love it & it looks so pretty. I am working on mine too & plan to use it for a table topper in our dining room. This has been the best Train Ride ever & I can hardly wait for the next one in May. I am so glad that you have shared your lovely table topper with all of us!!
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Blog Entries
    Thinking about a name

mine could be "Mystery Too" because it is made from the piecies from a mystery quilt (bed size) and it will be a euro sham

or

"Mystery Spinning" <- kind'a like that, I am not very good at naming things - I referr to my sewing machines by their model numbers......LOL just used 'eir' so evidently thinking they have personality...lol....like R2D2 & C3PO

Mary, you are so quick. I have pinned mine but that is as far as I have gottem. Love yours. Gonna make a black and white some day. Been collecting fabric for it. Just can't decide whether I want to do just one block throughout or a sampler of blocks.

Needs borders

Here is my first one.
    Last edited by dotcomdtcm; 04-19-2012 at 06:14 AM.

Beautiful squares, everyone!

Blog Entries
    Marytoddliz, Very crisp. Looks great.
    Dotcom, Love your color combo. Very elegant looking.

Today I sewed my geese to the larger block. However, it didn't turn out quite like I wanted it to. First I laid it out as Judy suggested--with the 'points' of the geese out. Then decided to flip the geese strips around, to see if I liked it better that way, since my main color of both the strip and the geese would be touching. I decided I liked it better Judy's way, but of course forgot to flip the strips back, and sewed them on the way I didn't like it.

Honestly, some days it doesn't pay to do anything.
    But it looks okay, and depending on what I do with the block, I'm sure it'll be fine. It will probably become a 'comfort quilt'.

40MP, I'm sure it looks fabulous. Post a picture, we'd all love to see it.

Blog Entries
    Dotty, I love your quilt. it is so elegant looking with the gold and the purple.

poker, I have a thing for black and white Fat Quarters. I can't pass them up! I have a huge basket full of them and keep getting more! One day I think I will make a quilt out of black and white FQ's. I have a full sized Black and white Quilt I made for a customer that wanted just a touch of red! Turned out great! We call it buttons and Bow's. I used the bow tie 3D pattern and sewed a huge black button in the center of each bow.

I need to post a picture of it if I can find the picture!

have a great day ladies~ off to the heat of the valley, gotta find some fabric for a new order~

Marytodd - I love Crestline, almost moved there when I got sick of the heat of the valley. (I assume you are talking San Fernando Valley?) After all, it gets to 100 on occasion in the summer! Instead I moved to Phoenix, where it is 100 or more from May until Settember and sometimes October! Ugh. Bad choice.

Mary, please do post a pic, I would love to see it.

Blog Entries

My block

Here is my block - not quilted yet. I am thinking about using it as a table topper on the bedside table in the guest room. As soon as we get carpet in there! This has been so much fun - can't wait for the next ride!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4180002 (2).jpg 
Views:	331 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	329105

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4180004 (2).jpg 
Views:	320 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	329106
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel

Blog Entries
    Judy, it is really nice here most of the time, but the winters can be a little too much! This winter was really mild temps, but March was really snowy! It is really hard to plan much for the spring. Last weekend it snowed, this weekend it is about 75.

Linda, I love your topper, really nice colors.

Poker, here are a few pictures of the B&W with a touch of red! Buttons & Bows. I know it is silly but I name all my quilts, and my machines too! Bad thing is I also talk to them~ Luckily they have not answered yet!

Mary, that is gorgeous. I love black & whites w/red...Neat touch with the buttons.

Blog Entries
    Mary, the Buttons and Bows is awesome. You and I have a wonderful "selection" of black and white. I even have some newly purchased black and white sitting in a bag at my feet.

Linda, the square you made looks so nice on your table. Love all the colors in it. Spring has sprung!!!

However, in organizing the basement (Judy, I found the table) I found that my favorite color is green. I must have every shade down there. So I will probably have to make something with them shortly (as in next mystery). Oh, I also found the lost/misplaced fabric. Looked again tonight because I needed the basting spray. Knew I had some down there somewhere. Last box I looked in. Must be 3 projects plus fabric - darn that probably means a couple more UFO's.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the LIFE, in your years. (Abe Lincoln)

"The Best" The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. (Helen Keller)

OK, here is my square. Not what I intended, but it will be fine.
    Name:  DSCN0300.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  166.3 KB
    By the time I realized that I put the geese strips on upside-down, I had two of them on and did not feel like frogging it.

Blog Entries
    i like it this way
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Page 54 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4 44 53 54 55 ... LastLast