Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
"Enough Already" who watched the show? >

"Enough Already" who watched the show?

"Enough Already" who watched the show?

Old 02-21-2011, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by cinnya
I was wondering what they did about heating and cooling in the garage.They didn't close it up it still had the garage door.What about humidity or the temperature changes inside the garage.
and NO TV or radio to be seen.I need background noise while I quilt.lol
I believe all the "Enough Already" shows are done here in So Cal, so the temp & humidity changes are not too much of an issue. I did notice that they insulated the garage too, before all the shelving was put in.

It sure was a beauty when they finished it!
Old 02-21-2011, 09:39 PM

nice spacious new sewing room but so "sterile" - hope she at least adds a few things to make it more cozy. I would have to have a rocker, tv, etc or something - no extra wall for pictures or quilt wall hangings to pull the room together. Maybe just me but want room to be welcoming not just functional.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:44 PM

Good luck to her and her Quilt's of Valor.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:48 PM

I definitely would have to add a personal touch. I know I could keep it up once it was organized so nicely. Unfortuntaely (?) my house won't qualify for a show like that. Just my sewing room and by next week, it won't. LOL. I felt so bad for her, I was watching it alone and talking to the people on there. Good ideas though while cleaning, if it hasn't been used in over a year or it's a craft you no longer do - out it goes. I have two tubs of DOnna Dewberry's paints and brushes, etc. I think I bought all she sold on HSN. But, half is unopened still, etc. It's a hard habit to break. I bet she was so torn. I know I would have been.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:49 PM

There are a variety of so-called microclimates in California. Who knows how much care they put into it. Just the same, I'm sure it will be fine.

I have a garage redo fantasy. Someday, it will come true... without a TV show. Thank goodness.

Bless her. I wish her every happiness. She has a wonderful heart.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:50 PM

I sure was envious of all her fabric, and I loved all the shelving and bins, but I love my sewing room so much more. It would be sooooo hard for me to give away fabric like that!! I did give my daughter a couple of boxes of fabric a few years ago to start her own stash and I was so excited that she finally was making quilts that it was easy to do. So maybe knowing that it was going to other Quilts of Valor chapters might have made it easier for her. All in all it was a good show and she sure had a nice home when done. I couldn't stand to live in that kind of mess in the living room!
Old 02-21-2011, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by pookie ookie
There are a variety of so-called microclimates in California.
According to their website, you have to live within 30 miles of Los Angeles to be on the show.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:39 PM

My heart went out to her. You could just see her holding her emotions in. But when they opened that garage door and those 5 service people were standing there, I just couldn't help it, the tears rolled. What a special moment that must have been for her for all her hard work and dedication and commitment to the Quilts of Valor to be honored by their being there to help her with her reorganization. She certainly deserved the recognition.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:54 AM

I could NOT believe her "stash" We could all quilt for a year with all the fabric!!! I don't know how her DH could handle that for so long. Talk about Understanding her passion!!!! I think i would get thrown out of the house. It was nice to see the end result.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by SuziC
I could NOT believe her "stash" We could all quilt for a year with all the fabric!!! I don't know how her DH could handle that for so long. Talk about Understanding her passion!!!! I think i would get thrown out of the house. It was nice to see the end result.
It's nice to hear someone expressing this point of view. I've seen a lot of posts saying why doesn't she visit her daughter. We are in the daughter's position, my MIL lives in a very crowded home that she's had help clearing out and it has filled up again. It's not ok for us to take our kids there to visit. She's got an open invitation to visit which she has yet to take us up on. The lady on the show seemed so happy when she had space to visit with her family and space for her projects. I hope she's able to keep it up.