The "Green" thing

Old 03-31-2011, 04:58 PM

Oh yes, how well I remember taking back those glass soda bottles for the 2 cents refund. Glad we didn't have "green" in those days. LOL
Old 03-31-2011, 06:27 PM

Oh how true. I am not that old but as a kid I remember having to use the outhouse & the sears catalog. Thunderstorms & the lights went out we would use the kearsone lamps. In fact my dad made sure that each of us kids had one. Thanks for shareing the story.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:30 PM

Perfect Ditter!

There are times when I want to make unteen copies of things like this and slip it under windshield wiper blades on every car in a large parking lot!

Remember the pictures of the "alien spacemen"? Big head, atrophied body? Those aliens have it better than we will...they apparently use their brains so much it has enlarged while their muscles an non-existent.

And people wonder why there are so many behavioral issues in youngsters today. ARRRGGGGHHH.
I still think I grew up in the best years.......and yes, I was alive when WWII began...and although too young to remember much of how it affected us in Hawaii, the years after that were great!

We actually wore dresses or skirts and blouses to school, no jeans or even muu muu's (no kidding....in Hawaii!!!). Boys wore button down shirts and pants. I don't think they wore jeans. Of course, we didn't have running shoes or whatever they are called then, leather shoes folks. We dressed to learn, not to play...

:thumbup:
Old 04-01-2011, 10:55 AM

I should send a copy of this to the city I live in. When we moved here I told my DH I wanted a clothes line. Paid good money to get it. I love it and use it as often as weather permits. The city inspector came out to our house and says it is against city code to have a clothes line. :hunf: They will have to come dig the cemented poles out themselves after they unchain me from it. I AM NOT TAKING IT DOWN. Then they have the nerve to send out notices to everyone to cut down our carbon footprints.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:10 AM

All so very true :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 04-01-2011, 11:10 AM

All so very true :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 04-01-2011, 01:04 PM

wonderful!
Old 04-01-2011, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Busy Bee
I should send a copy of this to the city I live in. When we moved here I told my DH I wanted a clothes line. Paid good money to get it. I love it and use it as often as weather permits. The city inspector came out to our house and says it is against city code to have a clothes line. :hunf: They will have to come dig the cemented poles out themselves after they unchain me from it. I AM NOT TAKING IT DOWN. Then they have the nerve to send out notices to everyone to cut down our carbon footprints.
Why in the world would anyone pass such a stupid and time wasting law!!!
A notice was sent to cut down your "carbon footprints"? Isn't that what a clothesline ultimately does?

If nothing else one would think "they'd" encourage it...it doesn't use any man generated fuel.............OH..maybe that's the problem....we might just put one person in the government out of work...like the city inspector!

DUMB!
Old 04-01-2011, 01:51 PM

My husband and I were just talking along this line the other day! Isn't it sad how busy and complicated our lives have become?
Old 04-01-2011, 04:51 PM

How true that we didn't know we were green in the OLD days. The younger generation thinks they came up with the ideas.