"quilting buddies"

Old 03-16-2011, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Lori S
So sorry for your loss of your fuzzy buddy.
Think about contacting a rescue group that works with that breed.

The contact info for Yorkie rescue in Wisconsin is on this page:
http://www.adoptapet.com/adoption_rescue/72416.html
oh my god, see what I mean, someone on this board comes through every single time one of us needs something, WOW amazing!!!! I hope you find one, I couldn't live without my 2
Old 03-16-2011, 06:51 PM

Sorry for your loss of your fur baby.I lost my yorkie mix a year and a half ago and her sister a year before that. We just lost our llasa a few months ago so know the emptiness. But do consider a shelter pet as many are in need of homes orask around as sometimes folks know pwoplw who have dogs that will need to be rehomed. As all my dogs have found me and have not been the breed I would have looked for but have given unconditional love and even picked up that I am hearing disabled and trained themselves to assist me.

Jeff
Old 03-16-2011, 09:27 PM
Dee

I am so sorry for the loss of your fur baby. Sending hugs to you. Hope you find a fur baby soon. The shelters have so many babies to adopt.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:06 AM

My very first yorkie is curled up on my lap sleeping as I cruise this site. I wasn't looking for a dog, but once I saw his face I was hooked. He was a freebie but cost us as much in vet bills as it would have to buy him. That didn't matter....I knew I would never find another one quite like him. He is so sweet, calm, playful and not to mention beautiful. His hair looks like he had a seriously high dollar color job. LOL. He is my baby. My DH says that if anything happens to him, I will have to be hospitalized.
I've owned many dogs in my life...but....I now get it, there is nothing like a Yorkie.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:10 AM

Yes, Yorkies have an unmatched personality. They are so smart and a true "shadow". I believe she could read my mind at times. I know that I sure do miss her. I thank everyone for their wishes etc.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:53 AM

I am a huge advocate for adopting Rescue pups and kitties. All my furbabies are rescues. (2 kitties and 1 dog). And think older pet, not just puppies and kittens. Both my cats were 5 months old and my dog was 3 years old. And everyday, I feel I won the pet lottery. They are the most loving and loyal pets.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:26 PM

Rescues or shelter dogs make the best pets, they truly are grateful for being rescued and repay it ten-fold.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:39 PM

try to find a local rescue for tiny dogs ...... bet there is one somewhere near you