Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
2016 Weight Watchers Program >

2016 Weight Watchers Program

2016 Weight Watchers Program

Old 01-13-2016, 07:38 AM

Default 2016 Weight Watchers Program

I am interested to hear anyone's comments on the new Weight Watchers program. How do you think it compares to past programs? I am about to re-join and want to get a feel for what I'm getting into.

Really only want to hear from people who have been members in the past and have attended already this year.

Thanks for your input!
Old 01-13-2016, 07:56 AM

I have been going to WW since 2014. I understand the thinking behind the new points program but I'm finding it's very difficult to stick to. Maybe because I'm just a person who hates change. Good luck if you start again.
Old 01-14-2016, 03:25 AM

Default Weight Watchers 2016

Originally Posted by gramma nancy View Post
I am interested to hear anyone's comments on the new Weight Watchers program. How do you think it compares to past programs? I am about to re-join and want to get a feel for what I'm getting into.

Really only want to hear from people who have been members in the past and have attended already this year.

Thanks for your input!
I just rejoined a week and a half ago. At the end of the first week, I had lost 9 lbs. I love this new program. Fresh vegetables and fruits are 0 points and I love both. The download for Android and IPhone are fabulous. There is also a bar code scanner in the program that makes grocery store shopping easy. I highly recommend it.
Old 01-14-2016, 04:56 AM

I joined WW and became lifetime in 2000. I have been successful in maintaining my weight loss because I continue to follow the program and weigh every month. I need the accountability! WW tweaks it's program every 2-3 years, but it is still a matter of counting points. I find little difference in the new plan except they have increased points values for some foods, but they have also increased you daily allotment. The best change they made was when they made most fruits and vegetables 0 points. It works! Hang in there. You will be successful.

Last edited by paoberle; 01-14-2016 at 04:59 AM.
Old 01-14-2016, 10:28 AM

I am a WW member and I am losing weight with the new program ... approaching 20 lbs lost in 2 1/2 months. The smart phone app has made tracking very easy.
Old 01-14-2016, 10:36 AM

I've been a WW member since around April of last year, and to date I have lost 40 lbs. (today was my weigh-in day so I can tell you exactly!). It has definitely been an adjustment getting used to the new Smart Points program; we previously used Points Plus. Now the ingredients that you key on are calories, saturated fat, sugar, and protein. Anything that has any type of sugar in it has doubled in points (in my experience, anyway). I'm finding it a bit difficult right now, only because I've had to make some significant changes in what I'm eating. They are pushing us toward healthier foods and with the new tagline "Beyond the Scale", trying to teach us to concentrate on things other than just the numbers to find success. They have also made it much easier to gain what they call "Fit Points", which counts any type of exercise.
Old 01-14-2016, 01:57 PM

I've been on the program for a year and I like the new program. It is a bit hard to adjust to the higher points. Some of my favorites went way up. Their 2 point brownie bliss bites are now 4-5 points. That's hard to take. But time will tell, it is healthier.
Old 01-15-2016, 05:22 AM

I have lost the same amount and started the same time you did Donna. I am staying on the points plus. Why change when I have been losing? I don't think I could stay on the new smart points plan long. I like a cookie every now and then. Laugh or two.

I think the new plan is more like the paleo diet. I was happier with the points plus.
Old 01-15-2016, 06:49 AM

do they have a consultant to work with you when you have certain medical conditions?My Crohn's Disease is in remission, but the gastro doctor took me off any fresh veggies (only cooked) )and a low roughage diet,and I'm gaining weight that I don't want to gain.Anyone else out there with this problem?
Old 04-07-2016, 07:35 PM

The time has come .... I am rejoining ~~~ this will be my 5th time.... Made it to lifetime twice. Now back at my all time high. Yikkies scary as, of course, I am older now and am thinking it will be harder this time around (hopefully the last time) however plan to see it through.

Judy in Phx, AZ