Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 24 hours later

24 hours later

The first picture was taken on Sunday morning. The second was taken on Monday morning. We have almost 13" of snow and there is still some flurries in the area! Can you say 'SNOW DAY'.
    Now hubby gets to dig out the driveway unless the neighbor comes along with his plow.
    Hopefully the pictures load in the correct order.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Snow Day=Quilting Day, right?
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Where in Illinois are you? My family is about 50 miles east of St Louis, just off I64. I haven't had a chance to talk to them and was wondering how much they got. Living in Alabama I sure miss the snow, but it sure looks pretty in pictures.

Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar
    Whoa! Looks like New Hampshire after a couple of storms we had in February. Not much at night, but overnight a foot or more fell! Love snow days for quilting!
    Luv Quilts and Cats
    Never underestimate the healing effects of beauty. - Florence Nightingale

I'm in Pittsburg today and woke to 6 inches as well.

Looks so pretty, but so cold!!!!!

Snowing in Northern Delaware all morning so far. Pot of soup and quilt day! WOO-HOO!

Blog Entries
    Yesterday I had to shovel the driveway for the postman. Today I have huge icicles hanging off my porch roof. I must go knock them down. I love freezing weather, I love freezing weather, I love freezing weather. If I say this enough times, do you think I'll come to believe it? Na! I'm from Texas, so it isn't going to happen!!

I too enjoy the snow pictures but am so glad that we don't usually get snow -- spring is well underway here with the azaleas almost bloomed out! we are having a chilly couple of days with lows at night in the high 30s and days with highs in the 60s and then into the mid 70s later in the week -- but this is se TX!!
    diane

Blog Entries
    You don't have as much snow as where I am at. I am getting so tired of all the snow. Hard to get out to work so have been working from home past week. My car is parked out at the end of our driveway by the mailbox and filled all around by snow banks. My Jeep sets halfway down the drive almost completely buried in snow and we have a tunnel that we have to drive thru to get out with a 1 ton 4 wheel drive pickup and a john deere tractor. he has to get out several times a day to check on the cattle too. frustrating when it keeps blowing and snowing, even when the sun is shining.

No snow here in my neck of the woods. But the forecast calls for rain the rest of the week.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Quote Originally Posted by amyjo View Post
    You don't have as much snow as where I am at. I am getting so tired of all the snow. Hard to get out to work so have been working from home past week. My car is parked out at the end of our driveway by the mailbox and filled all around by snow banks. My Jeep sets halfway down the drive almost completely buried in snow and we have a tunnel that we have to drive thru to get out with a 1 ton 4 wheel drive pickup and a john deere tractor. he has to get out several times a day to check on the cattle too. frustrating when it keeps blowing and snowing, even when the sun is shining.
    I livein Fargo and we're supposed to flood *again*. I think I will take my sewing machine and go to DD's home in the Cities when it's bad. We live right across from NDSU and when they deliver sandbags 24/7, it's like living in a war zone

I know. Winter just won't leave this year!!
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

I have to admit that the snow is beautiful, but glad that it's not here. I couldn't handle that much snow. Be safe & stay warm.

Minnesota born and raised! I love the snow! The temps don't bother me. We've had some power outages that have lasted for 4 days! fired up the generator, and went on as usual. I know it's not the same for everyone, but wouldn't trade it for anything...and no, don't snowmobile, ice fish, or ski either!! But walking in a snowfall can be beautiful!!

Southern Illinois (also HI, OR, WA, TX, CA, MO, etc.)

Red face Snow Kidding!

Quote Originally Posted by kathyd View Post
    The first picture was taken on Sunday morning. The second was taken on Monday morning. We have almost 13" of snow and there is still some flurries in the area! Can you say 'SNOW DAY'.
    Now hubby gets to dig out the driveway unless the neighbor comes along with his plow.
    Hopefully the pictures load in the correct order.
    Oh my goodness...I'm further south, almost to Cape Girardeau/Cairo...we just got a dusting and it barely covered the ground!
    Love your photos, Stay Safe

Well, Buffalo, NY is noted for being the snow capitol of the world, LOL. Maybe now,we will lose this dubious distinction.
    so many quilts to make, so little time.

That is amazing.
    Thought for EVERY Day: You know all those things you've always wanted to do? You should go do them.

It looked about that bad here today and last evening. Snow flurries today. Suppose to start warming up. This is the most snow at one time we have had in a few years. I have a new 4 x 4 pick up with traction control, can go anywhere with no problem. I love to have it - just in case we need it. Our third 4 x 4. Ice is a problem, 4x4 helps but not always.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

That picture you posted is the reason I left Montana 55 years ago and never looked back....
    If you feel like you're special...it's 'cause you are!
    Momto5

Springfield, IL had 18.5" ~ TV said it was the most snow on a March day as long as they have been keeping records. I think they said almost double the previous record!

It's just NOT fun anymore, is it. I am sooooo sick of winter this year. There just seems to be NO end.
    Yooper32 aka: Donna B

I'm in Jersey County just across the river from St. Charles, MO. We have another snow day today, I'm guessing the roads out in the county aren't in very good shape. Neighbor did come along and help finish the drive. Always a good thing. Youngest daughter lives in CT and she is also tired of 5 months of winter, for me I like the snow, but then I don't have to drive in it!

wow, it does look very pretty though, but i know how much work that is from my days in Ohio, the last snowstorm was always the worst, I feel so lucky I live in California now.

It has been about the same here in central IN. The snow is starting to melt now. Will be glad to see it go.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast