Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32

Thread: 71 and pregnant...funny!!!!!

  1. #1
    Super Member Ditter43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Crystal River Florida
    Posts
    9,770
    A woman went to the doctor's office where she was seen by one of the
    younger doctors.

    After about four minutes in the examination room, she burst out
    screaming as she ran down the hall.

    An older doctor stopped her and asked what the problem was, and she told
    him her story.

    After listening, he had her sit down and relax in another room.

    The older doctor marched down the hallway back to where the young doctor
    was writing on his clipboard.

    "What the hell is the matter with you?!"the older doctor demanded."

    Mrs. Terry is 71 years old, has four grown children and seven
    grandchildren, and you told her she was pregnant?"

    The younger doctor continued writing and without looking up said,










    "Does she still have the hiccups?"

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    870
    Oh my, that must be a sure enough cure.

  3. #3
    Moderator Jim's Gem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Camarillo, California
    Posts
    35,480
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

    Good thing she didn't have a heart attack!!!!

  4. #4
    Super Member sewwhat85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    missouri
    Posts
    6,891
    that is so funny

  5. #5
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    kentucky
    Posts
    2,266
    Laughing out LOUD,dh thinks I;ve lost it

  6. #6
    Super Member Grama Lehr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Posts
    5,037
    :shock:

  7. #7
    mypatookis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Great Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    271
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

    Good thing she didn't have a heart attack!!!!
    I think that would have been me... :lol:

  8. #8
    Senior Member cashmommy11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    church hill,tn
    Posts
    577
    i would just die is dr told me that and i am just 40

  9. #9
    Super Member champagnebubbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Greenfield. Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,517
    Blog Entries
    1
    Yikes!!!

  10. #10
    Senior Member pheasantduster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    414
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks ditter - you always have a chuckle at the right time. Could not ignore the thread title!

  11. #11
    Junior Member Suzan Larrimore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    200
    A few years ago, DH and I were grocery shopping. As we walk the aisles he starts to hiccup. He tries all the remedy's he can. You know the ones, control your breathing, hold you breath, etc. Now, we have 6 children and the youngest ones(twins) are @ 10 years old. I look at DH and tell him I can get rid of those hiccups for you. He gives me that look, the one that says with out words, yeah right, I'd like to see that. Well, I look up at him and smile very sweetly and say "Honey, I'm pregnant." He stops dead in his tracks, looks me dead in the eye and says,"That's just not funny!" "I know," I said, but the hiccups are gone. he he ". He got a funny look on his face, and then he grinned.

  12. #12
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,311
    Blog Entries
    5
    Thanks for the morning laugh!

  13. #13
    Super Member QBeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Nashua, NH
    Posts
    1,467
    Anyone watch NCIS? This was on the show the last week (forgive me if I louse it up :-) ):

    A guy walks into a bar and asks the bartender for a glass of water. The bartender hands him one but then gets his shotgun from under the bar and let's off a round next to the guy's feet! The guy then thanks the bartender, leaves a tip, and goes out the door.

    Why did the guy say thanks and leave a tip?

    The bartender cured the guy's hiccups!

  14. #14
    Member Louise607's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    18
    glad I'm alone in the office at the moment, I'm LOL.

  15. #15
    starstruck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    missouri
    Posts
    65
    i love to laugh and you keep me going. Thanks

  16. #16
    Senior Member brightstar_202's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    683
    LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT...HAD TO SHARE IT I AM A NURSE AND I REALLY COULD SEE THIS HAPPENING...HA HA HAHA
    Quote Originally Posted by Ditter43
    A woman went to the doctor's office where she was seen by one of the
    younger doctors.

    After about four minutes in the examination room, she burst out
    screaming as she ran down the hall.

    An older doctor stopped her and asked what the problem was, and she told
    him her story.

    After listening, he had her sit down and relax in another room.

    The older doctor marched down the hallway back to where the young doctor
    was writing on his clipboard.

    "What the hell is the matter with you?!"the older doctor demanded."

    Mrs. Terry is 71 years old, has four grown children and seven
    grandchildren, and you told her she was pregnant?"

    The younger doctor continued writing and without looking up said,










    "Does she still have the hiccups?"

  17. #17
    Super Member grandme26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Central Arkansas
    Posts
    2,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzan Larrimore
    A few years ago, DH and I were grocery shopping. As we walk the aisles he starts to hiccup. He tries all the remedy's he can. You know the ones, control your breathing, hold you breath, etc. Now, we have 6 children and the youngest ones(twins) are @ 10 years old. I look at DH and tell him I can get rid of those hiccups for you. He gives me that look, the one that says with out words, yeah right, I'd like to see that. Well, I look up at him and smile very sweetly and say "Honey, I'm pregnant." He stops dead in his tracks, looks me dead in the eye and says,"That's just not funny!" "I know," I said, but the hiccups are gone. he he ". He got a funny look on his face, and then he grinned.

    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    376
    I worked for an obstetrician once and he said the best infertility treatment was to tell a woman she can't become pregnant and look as if you really mean it. He says every time he told someone that she'd come back pregnant in a few weeks.

    There is a safer cure for hiccups - no need to shock someone so much she has a stroke, heart attack or bursts her vocal cords!!

    Take a few sips of water and swallow them. Then bend forward at the waist til your torso and hips & legs are at a right angle. Take a mouthful of water and swallow. Two or three mouthfuls of water usually stops hiccups. - The slight pressure of water on the diaphragm in the changed position
    will usually stop the little diaphragm spasms we call hiccups.

    Hope both these little tips help. I expect to hear of a bunch of new grands in a few months, an not to hear any more hiccups

    Nana Nurse

  19. #19
    Senior Member barb55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Pawnee, Ok.
    Posts
    410
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ditter43
    A woman went to the doctor's office where she was seen by one of the
    younger doctors.

    After about four minutes in the examination room, she burst out
    screaming as she ran down the hall.

    An older doctor stopped her and asked what the problem was, and she told
    him her story.

    After listening, he had her sit down and relax in another room.

    The older doctor marched down the hallway back to where the young doctor
    was writing on his clipboard.

    "What the hell is the matter with you?!"the older doctor demanded."

    Mrs. Terry is 71 years old, has four grown children and seven
    grandchildren, and you told her she was pregnant?"

    The younger doctor continued writing and without looking up said,










    "Does she still have the hiccups?"
    I had the best laugh for the day.

  20. #20
    Senior Member quiltingcousin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    884
    I always know it's going to be great when I see a Ditter post. Thanks for the smiles....keep them coming.

  21. #21
    Super Member Izaquilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Southern IL
    Posts
    1,285
    Blog Entries
    1
    another good one from Ditter! thanks Dit, enjoy them so much

  22. #22
    Super Member ginnie6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    1,314
    roflol!

  23. #23
    Super Member Patchworkmarion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ipswich, Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    1,742
    That's funny.
    I'm 72, and yesterday I told my Dr I thought I was pregnant.
    I have diviticulitus.

  24. #24
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,613
    Blog Entries
    163
    oh my goodness that is so very funny

  25. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    394
    A good picture of me naked would cure a bad case of hiccups.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.