Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: address bar

address bar

I haven't changed anything (knowingly) on my computer... BUT.... now when I type something into the address bar & expect it to search and go there after I have hit ENTER.... nothing happens.... I have to go up & click on the right arrow. Is there a setting that I might have inadvertently changed ? or is there something that I could easily change?

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    I hope you find an answer to this. Nothing is more irritating than dealing this computers......except maybe government bureaucracy.

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

Anybody have an idea what I could do to change back to my original settings?

I used a computer for a long time before I learned that this is called AutoFill.
    Perhaps it is listed in your ALL PROGRAMS under the section where your email setting are set.
    OR...up in the TOOLS - That is really a helpful tool, but I cannot read the fine print and often
    send mail to the wrong persons. Thank Goodness they make magnifying glasses.

June in Cincinnati

Hmmm, tried changing a few tool settings but it's not the auto fill I don't think. The words are there, it just doesn't perform an action when I hit enter, I have to click on the right arrow.

Blog Entries
    somewhere there is a setting that tell the computer what will advance, ie: tab, enter, etc. I have been looking, but cannot find it. Will keep looking.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Quote Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
    I hope you find an answer to this. Nothing is more irritating than dealing this computers......except maybe government bureaucracy.

Jan in VA
    Or seams that don't match up... or running out of fabric when you're 99% done & it's well after the stores closed...
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Blog Entries
    I have found that sometimes just simply rebooting will fix irritating little things like this. I hope it works for you!

Okay, I'll shut it all down & see if anything good happens! Thanks for the suggestion.

can help you there.when I'm have computer problems I usually call out " HONEY PLEASE"
    Pegg

Have a great day and happy sewing !

Blog Entries
    I have had the same problem happening just lately- and changed nothing - irritating is the word.....
    JO

Power Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post

Jan in VA
    I think I would add some relatives - the ones born to and the ones married into -