An ADHD Day

Old 09-07-2010, 07:56 AM

I found this on the web and wanted to share it. I know that I have had days like this:

I decide to wash my car. As I start toward to the garage, I notice that there is mail on the hall table. I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car.

I lay my car keys down on the table, put the junk mail in the trash can under the table, and notice that the trash can is full.

So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the trash first, but then I think that since I’m going to be near the mailbox when I take out the trash anyway, I may as well pay the bills first.

I take my checkbook off the table and see that there is only one check left. My extra checks are in my desk in the study, so I go to my desk where I find the can of Coke that I had been drinking. I’m going to look for my checks, but first I need to push the Coke aside so that I don’t accidentally knock it over.

I see that the Coke is getting warm, and I decide I should put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold.

As I head toward the kitchen with the Coke, a vase of flowers on the counter catches my eye–they need to be watered.

I set the Coke down on the counter and I discover my reading glasses that I’ve been searching for all morning.

I decide I’d better put them back on my desk, but first I’m going to water the flowers.

I set the glasses back down on the counter, fill a container with water, and suddenly I spot the TV remote. Someone left it on the kitchen table.

I realize that tonight, when we go to watch TV, we will be looking for the remote, but nobody will remember that it’s on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the den where it belongs, but first I’ll water the flowers.

I splash some water on the flowers, but most of it spills on the floor. So, I set the remote back down on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill.

Then I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day; the car isn’t washed, the bills aren’t paid, there is a warm can of Coke sitting on the counter, the flowers aren’t watered, there is still only one check in my checkbook,

I can’t find the remote, I can’t find my glasses, and I don’t remember what I did with the car keys.

Then, when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I’m really baffled because I know I was busy all day long and I’m really tired. I realize this is a serious problem, and I’ll try to get some help for it, but first I’ll check my e-mail.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:00 AM
Power Poster

Been there, done that :roll: LOL
Old 09-07-2010, 09:08 AM

Am I on Candid Camera??????????????????????????????
Old 09-07-2010, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by grammiepamie
Am I on Candid Camera??????????????????????????????
That's how I felt when I was reading it.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:43 AM

Hey thats ME today
Old 09-07-2010, 09:53 AM

OMG.... This is me some days. and then my DH wonders why I get so frustrated... I am learning to STOP in my tracks and stick with what I started. but sometimes I feel like my head is spinning.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:37 AM

Ooooohhhh....sounds way too familiar! I've had entire weeks like that. Then to top it off, I have a boss that is even worse, so I get really frustrated at the office! :hunf:
Old 09-07-2010, 01:10 PM

That's me every day. Two of my boys have it too. Poor things.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:15 PM

Yup, that is me alright.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:59 PM

Oh yeah! I always have 100 things that need done, and drifting from one to the other means I never get anything done!