Adult male gifts

Old 10-24-2016, 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk View Post
Just looking briefly there maybe something here for the three guys. Or at least some cool ideas to make for them.

http://www.uncommongoods.com/fun/by-interest/geek-gifts
Thanks for posting this site! I found some cute ideas for my two computer and science guys.
Old 10-24-2016, 05:06 AM

You will figure out how to make something like this yourself, but use this for inspiration. This one is made out of leather but it will give you an idea. Guys carry a lot of crap in their pants and it's nice to have a place to put all of it at the end of the day. An idea from a guy for guys: http://shop.mitchell-leather.com/Large-Valet-Tray-in-Premium-Big-Grain-Bison-VTBGB.htm?productId=28

The other thing that most guys can use is a wallet with RFID blockers. Something that doesn't let your credit cards get scanned and information stolen.

Just a couple of ideas.
Old 10-24-2016, 05:13 AM

Sherian.....Husband said tell about the best one - Quilts - they are 1 1/2 yds. to 2 yds. themed to what each likes also. Simple and wash and dry. Husband helps with the tacking embroidery thread (use 4 to 6 threads). I like 6

are we talking just solid pieces of fabric? Maybe flannel? Front and back. No binding? Always looking for a fast blanket
Old 10-24-2016, 08:28 AM

My husband and I both love our YETI cups...
Old 10-24-2016, 08:51 AM

I love making messenger bags for men. Smaller ones with a foam padded insert for their Ipad. I use an adjustable strap and usually a very plain fabric for the exterior - a khaki canvas, a brown bottomweight or a denim. Then I often do something crazy on the inside. My SIL is in the video game industry, so I lined his with Marvel comics fabric (not on the underside of the flap, just in insides). A nephew is a fishermen, so his has a thin vinyl lining (waterproof) and fishing fabric. They will always have their electronic devices and their phones, so this is a way to carry them, even if only in the car. Since the first one, my SIL has requested a larger one for taking to work. They can be called messenger bags, satchels or just bags, but please don't call them man purses!
Old 10-24-2016, 08:57 AM

just thought of something else I made a few years ago. I was working on a cosmetic bag for my daughter and did a practice one with some old plain fabric. It morphed into a man's toiletry bag - about 8" x 4" x 4" with a zipper on the top and the end sort of folded down. Picture the old leather shaving bags that our fathers had for traveling. But this one was a bit smaller, softer sided, a loop at the top to hang them and I used a waterproof lining. I ended up making several and they were a hit with the younger men who travel. The size was perfect to hold the new travel size bottles and the bag was easy to pull out and open for inspection (much better than using a zip-loc bag).
Old 10-24-2016, 09:04 AM
Power Poster

i just thought of wood pens, something my son would love. I'm hoping at a craft fair this fall I see one.
Old 10-24-2016, 09:05 AM

Not sure of the age of your men, but I made pillow cases for four grandsons last year -- specific to their interests: one with a border print of scientific instruments, two with borders of different musical notes prints, one with a zebra stripe border (well that one was for my grandson's girlfriend who loves animal prints and pink!). Modest gifts but a big hit. Who knew boys cared about pillowcases?
Old 10-24-2016, 09:07 AM
Power Poster

klswift- those bags were made for the August Proj of the Month theme.
I've made a few in strip piecing also in blues and pinks.
I've made about 7 of them so far. Everyone seems to like them. I wondering if I should try one for my son.
The woman i feel can use them for makeup, craft items, or travel.
Old 10-24-2016, 09:23 AM

All the men in our family (and friends) ages 10-100 love to get small flashlights and small pocket knives. They ask for them every Christmas because they can't keep up with them!