Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
For or Against Trick or Treating?? >

For or Against Trick or Treating??

For or Against Trick or Treating??

Old 11-04-2011, 06:38 AM

There is an unspoken "etiquette" here in the UK: If you have a pumpkin/other halloween stuff outside your door, or visible in the window, then its OK to knock on the door. You don't visit houses with the lights off, or without some visible indication of halloween-y things. For me, I think this is a good way of giving people a choice whether to participate or not.

Still think its a bit pointless though...
Old 11-04-2011, 08:19 AM

We live in a small college community. We totally enjoyed halloween this year. The weather was great and the neighbors participating were out, most were dressed up. Those who didn't just left their lights off. The kids were so cute and I don't remember one not saying thank you. Our community had it start early so by dark it was pretty much over. We also got to meet new neighbors we hadn't had a chance to meet. I guess it just depends on where you live and how the community handles it.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:04 PM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

Well I have to say I got a SUPER !! Treat from my DH for Halloween ! A new car 2012 Hyundai Veloster and man is it ever a head turner!LOL ITs black and a 6 speed and man I best watch out I am sure I will get a ticket if I don't use cruise !LOL Then DH had a brillant idea (rolling eyes!!) he wants to put in orange seat covers then we have halloween all year long !LOL Ummmmmm No dear .. we'll get black seat covers !
I had no trick or treaters as I worked late this Halloween .. and the neighborhood we live in is more older adults with no kids.