Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Alaska trip

Alaska trip

We are back home and absolutely loved Alaska. It is so very beautiful. Thanks to all the QB members who offered tips and assistance. We tried many of the places you suggested and were very happy that we did. As for the rest, well.....good excuse to go back!

Power Poster
    Alaska is beautiful....Glad you had a good time....Welcome back..

Glad you had a good trip! Hope you got to see some sunshine.

Blog Entries
    So glad you had a good trip. I was there a few years ago and loved it too. The scenery can't be beat. I almost would like to live there except I don't think I could survive the cold winter months. I think I could probably get used to the daylight at night though (with room darkening shades). Would love to visit Alaska again.

So glad you had a great trip to Alaska. We have had our share of rain and wind in our area--Kenai Peninsula---but the sunshine makes up for that. The dipnetters have invaded us for the last few weeks but they will be done this week. I, too, do not look forward to winter but we always manage to get through it.
    Quote Originally Posted by fayeberry View Post
    We are back home and absolutely loved Alaska. It is so very beautiful. Thanks to all the QB members who offered tips and assistance. We tried many of the places you suggested and were very happy that we did. As for the rest, well.....good excuse to go back!

Alaska is amazing. I worked one summer just outside Denali. Plan on doing it again!

Blog Entries
    Glad you enjoyed your trip. I've never heard anyone say they hated it. We lived on Kodiak Island for 2 years from 1972-74. Loved it and hated to leave. However, I understand now they even have cruise ships that go in and even a Wal-Mart. What kind of adventure would that be to live there now? LOL

We lived in Anchorage for 14 yrs. and loved it!! Did you get to see any moose???
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.