Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
To all of you that sent me box tops and labels..... >

To all of you that sent me box tops and labels.....

To all of you that sent me box tops and labels.....

Old 05-21-2010, 07:21 PM

I just wanted to send you all a big thank you! I try to pm all of you whenever your little envelopes arrive....but sometimes life gets in the way. If I had a fat quarter to send each of you, firstly I would have a stash!, secondly, that's a lot of postage!....I sure would.

My three boys classes all collected the most box tops and labels than any other class...in fact, the three classes together collected more than the rest of the school did. I cannot believe how all of you helped my boys' little school so much!

They announced today at the pep rally that next year, ALL of the new gym equipment is paid for with the funds. They've been patching the balls and stuff for quite some time. They'll be getting brand new footballs, basket balls, baseball sets (for the older grades), tee ball sets (for the special ed preschool and pre-k programs), whiffle balls, 5 parachutes, dodge ball equipment, soccer balls, volleyballs, and some type of playground balls that are meant for recess play vs. Phys. Ed.

Thanks to all of you, my kids have brought home little pencils and trinkets they've earned by filling in their sheets full of box tops. It may seem so small to us adults, just cheap dollar store pencils and erasers...stuff like that...but my boys all had a smile on their faces every time they got back from a school day when they took their envelopes in.

The special ed program at this school is fantastic and has some of it's own funding. But funding across the state has been cut. You have no idea the world of difference all of you have made in the lives of these kids. Can you remember being 5-12 and being so excited to get new stuff??

This school hosts regular education from Kindergarten through 5th grade. It has a very small regular education Pre-K program that fills up every year. They also have a special education preschool and prek program covering 3 and 4 year olds from across half the district.

I wanted you to know that you made a HUGE impact on my little school and I cannot thank each of you enough!!

Sincerely,

Melissa Peters
Old 05-21-2010, 10:39 PM

Are you still saving labels and box tops? If you are I will start saving them for you.

Sounds like your family made a huge impact on your school which in turn made a huge impact on your children. Congratulations!
Old 05-22-2010, 04:30 AM

Wonderful! I am glad you could count on the quilters here. They(we) are such a great group of people!
Old 05-22-2010, 04:44 AM

Dog! I missed the whole thing. I didn't see your post asking for them or I would have helped. Sorry. Congratulations on a job well done.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by dsb38327
Dog! I missed the whole thing. I didn't see your post asking for them or I would have helped. Sorry. Congratulations on a job well done.
Ditto!
Old 05-22-2010, 06:38 AM

I think I made a post once a long time ago...and it almost felt like advertising. So I added it as part of my signature. Periodically throughout the year I'd get messages requesting our address.

I am still collecting for the big kickoff in August when the kids go back. If you want to save anything for us, PM me for my address. Also, a big thank you in advance.
Old 05-22-2010, 03:05 PM

5 parachutes
---------------------
Parachutes? So THAT's why my fourth grade teacher
daughter wanted my husband's parachutes we found in
the garage after he passed away. I had no use for it but
she claimed that the school would and could use it. Seems
to me that teachers have to pay for and/or talk someone
into donating stuff for school rooms. Such as the beloved
(HONEST, the kids love them) two life sized plastic
skeletons she has and the kids love to sit next to them.
She had to buy them herself...no way would that Texas
school district pay for something like that!!
Old 05-27-2010, 02:41 PM
Google Goddess

what do you need?
Old 05-28-2010, 05:28 PM

Campbell's Soup labels and Box Tops for Education.