Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Am I paranoid or what?

Never was aware of any of this. post-it on there now. Thanks for this thread bearisgray. As my aunt used to say-an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. No harm if no one hacks, but if someone would it would stop them from viewing.

I use a small piece of painters tape. Comes off without leaving any residue.

A few years ago my husband was using his computer and all of a sudden his camera flashed. Then a message appeared on his screen something about the computer not being secured or protected and wanted him to buy some software. We took it into Best Buy and the tech told us the message was spam and somehow the spammers were able to make it look like his photo was taken by making the camera flash. All of our computer have always had antivirus software on them that updates automatically. So how this happened is still a mystery. We do have the camera disabled on all our computers now just in case.

My son is a computer engineer and he constantly tells me horror stories about the creeps that prey on home computer users. No you are not paranoid, just smart.
    BettyGee, quilter on a Rocky Mountain High

I put a piece of painters tape over mine.

I never gave it a thought before. Thanks for the info. Just now I put a sticker over mine & also over DH. It is a shame that this world is coming to all of this. You can't sit in the privacy of your own home without thinking someone could be watching you if they decided to hack your computer. They would be terribly bored if they hacked mine! lol (Unless they loved quilting that is!) lol

I'm a little late coming to the party here but I cover the camera on my computer, have for some time now. I just don't like the idea of someone being able to look in when I don't feel like company.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2