Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Amazon Free Ship

Amazon Free Ship

Wow, this was a surprise (read shock). I went to Amazon to check out some quilting related items (scissors) and the gel fabric pens. Minimum for shipping free is now $49, major increase from the $35 it was just a day or so ago. That one caught me by surprise.

http://www.couponproblog.com/2016/02...nimum-49.html/

Wow that is surprising. I'm surprised they didn't send out an email. I buy a lot of stuff from them.
    Lori

Quote Originally Posted by Doggramma View Post
    Wow that is surprising. I'm surprised they didn't send out an email. I buy a lot of stuff from them.
    I don't buy a lot from them, but can usually come up with the $35...so disappointed. I'm sure they want more Prime memberships.

Blog Entries
    I thought the $49 was just the price I had to pay when purchasing from Amazon UK item from USA. I'm a Prime member and do shop a great deal for heavy items, dog and cat food. Hope our prices are not going up
    Finished is better than a UFO

In the beautiful hills of northwest Connecticut.
    That is disappointing. I remember when the minimum was $25 ... was not happy with the increase to $35. I guess the items on my Wish List will be sitting there a lot longer!
    ​My soul is fed with needle & thread.

Amazon Prime is a great value for all the benefits that come with it.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Amazon Prime is ok if you watch the movies. We had it for a year or so then dropped it.

Amazon prime...why is it so great? I do look for quilting books there, if the price is better than elsewhere, I will order, but other than that, do not shop there....movies..to rent or buy....I do not buy e- anything........nor actually hard copy
    Last edited by Geri B; 02-22-2016 at 05:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by charity-crafter View Post
    Amazon Prime is ok if you watch the movies. We had it for a year or so then dropped it.
    I have tried the Prime trial memberships, but it never seemed to be useful for me personally. I just don't order that much to make it worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
    i agree, we order enough to pay for our membership, not always quilting things, but other things that would take time and effort to go shop for. Avoids traffic too

We don't get around as well as we used to so we shop a lot online for gifts. We have prime and especially around Christmas I order enough to and save enough on postage to pay for the membership. I have a kindle fire so have to have the membership and DH likes the movies and the music so we get our money's worth.
    QuiltnLady1

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

Looks like they have two tiers for their free shipping now. The threshold for free shipping for books is now $25; for other merchandise, $49. Interesting.

Blog Entries
    We appreciate Prime and we save money all the time. The added postage on free shipping is not a problem if you are not in an extreme hurry for your product. I save things in my 'wish list' all the time and then when you have what you need for the $49 total, you can order. Rarely do I need something immediately, so it works for me, us.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    oh my, that will cut down my ordering!!

Blog Entries
    Hubby loves his Prime - me not so much- I'm not into online shopping- I just head to the basement and stitch some fabric together.
    KEEP CALM and CARRY ON!!

Quote Originally Posted by slbram17 View Post
    I have tried the Prime trial memberships, but it never seemed to be useful for me personally. I just don't order that much to make it worthwhile.
    I joined when membership was $67. Quilting books are basically the same price as Walmart on-line is. I am not going to renew my membership since food items are full blown retail.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Quote Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
    I joined when membership was $67. Quilting books are basically the same price as Walmart on-line is. I am not going to renew my membership since food items are full blown retail.
    I do check Walmart on a lot of items if possible. Only a few items I can't get at Walmart. We are close to Walmart so use the pick up option.

We just got Amazon Prime for $76 I think it was. It was a special. I order a lot from there as many of their prices (but not all) are even less than Walmart plus I don't like running all over the stores and lugging this stuff back home. I buy paper towels and also toilet tissue by the case at a great price. Just ordered a 4 box pack of Kashi cereal for just over $8 and free shipping. That is around $2 a box and no cereal in Walmart is $2 a box. You have to watch for the good prices but I'm hoping the subscription will be worth it. We have also watched quite a few of the free movies on Prime. I had not realized Amazon raised the shipping.

Blog Entries
    I am a Canadian Prime member and we do not get movies with our membership.

But as a university student with a son in university, I am very conscious of the cost of text books. So far Amazon has had the best prices and knowing I will get it in 2 days, or have it shipped to my son in two days is worth the membership.

I was disappointed when I first got it. My son alerted me to the Prime Days back in July. I bought a Panini Grill and although we were assured 2 day shipping it took 6 weeks to arrive. I would have cancelled the order, but it was $30.00 less than I could buy it locally.
    Attending University. I will graduate a year after my son and year before my daughter.

I recently read that f you have Prime and your doesn't come until after Amazon tells you it will come, then if you contact them and complain, they will extend your Prime membership by one month. Not sure if this applies to Canada.

I have a rebate program for Amazon, like Walmart price saver app., that will credit me if Amazon lowers the price one month from the date of purchase. Walmart has started free shipping on everything purchased if you pay a yearly fee.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildernessties View Post
    We just got Amazon Prime for $76 I think it was. It was a special. I order a lot from there as many of their prices (but not all) are even less than Walmart plus I don't like running all over the stores and lugging this stuff back home. I buy paper towels and also toilet tissue by the case at a great price. Just ordered a 4 box pack of Kashi cereal for just over $8 and free shipping. That is around $2 a box and no cereal in Walmart is $2 a box. You have to watch for the good prices but I'm hoping the subscription will be worth it. We have also watched quite a few of the free movies on Prime. I had not realized Amazon raised the shipping.
    If they have a special, I may join again. They have changed their deals on shoes. For awhile, if it sold and shipped by Amazon, ship was free both ways. But I noticed with todays special on Crocs (which I like their sandals), free ship only with the qualifying order (min $49). The sandals are really low (like $18) so I'll skip for now.

I saw this on the Nightly News earlier this week that Amazon was raising the amount that qualifies for free shipping.. ..

Blog Entries
    I found that when I had Prime, I ordered more items more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
    I agree., If you purchase a lot from them, the free shipping is great. I never used the videos before but,
    now have been watching Downton Abby, on my Kindle. Love it. There is quite a bit of free videos and
    movies to watch.
    so many quilts to make, so little time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast