Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Another cute quote from a pint sized fellow >

Another cute quote from a pint sized fellow

Another cute quote from a pint sized fellow

Old 06-06-2012, 03:31 PM

I recently explained to one of our great granddaughters that we bought a birthday gift for her. She brightly responded, "How many?"

Last edited by Learner747; 06-06-2012 at 03:35 PM.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:34 PM

When I was five and learning to ride my bike, I fell against the yard fence. Mother looked at my reddening face and said, "Uh hun! Don't loose you temper." I said as I was getting up, "I can't loose my temper!" "I done lost it!!!"
Old 06-06-2012, 09:05 PM

I really enjoy reading these cute stories. When my grand daughter was about 4 she was visiting for the weekend and was looking at a picture of one of my sons that she had never met.. She asked me who it was and I told her that he was one of my babies. Several hours later my son drove up and started walking to the door. She came running into the kitchen yelling, "Grandma! Grandma! Your baby is here.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:21 PM
Power Poster

My grandson Devon was about 4 and I called his dad Little Glen ( my son is 6'3") and this 4 yr old looked way up at his dad's face and then looked at me and said "He doesn't look so little to me!!" LOL He's called little Glen by the family sometimes because he is named after his dad. It is a nickname I have tried to drop but forget sometimes.

My autistic DGS Zach is now 11 and he has provided a number of funny stories. Yesterday my DD his mom said he gave her a chore list he wrote for her for the day.(his dad does this alot) and it contained this list:

Clean house
Do the dishes
Feed the pets
Disguise the house as The Wiggles House

He has been obsessed with the Wiggles since an early age and loves to pretend he is in the Wiggles house. At one time you couldn't trust him with crayons or markers as he drew a clock on the back of my recliner (that is where it is in the show) and he drew The Wiggles Show on my tile floor with markers and on my walls ( he did this at home too) This was his attempt to make the fantasy and his reality the same thing.

Last edited by Rhonda; 06-06-2012 at 09:23 PM.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:32 PM
Power Poster

When my granddaughter Rachel was 3 she was tired and cranky. Her parents came to pick her up about 10 at night and she was not wanting to go with them. But she is feisty not a fussy child.

I said Rachel listen to me. I am your grandmother and you are my granddaughter and you have to listen to me!

She looked at me and said sternly - I am YOUR grandmother and YOU are MY granddaughter and YOU have to listen to ME!

LOL I asked her mom my DD if that is anything like my uncle is my grandfather or some such thing!!W

When she was 5 she had to have blood drawn. It took her mom holding her -me holding her head and talking to her and 3 nurses to hold her down while the pediatrician drew the blood. She's not screaming or crying she is demanding we let her go right now!! When that didn't work she started demanding - Get my Daddy!! He won't let you do this to me!!!!!
Old 06-06-2012, 09:34 PM
Power Poster

When my granddaughter Rachel was 3 she was tired and cranky. Her parents came to pick her up about 10 at night and she was not wanting to go with them. But she is feisty not a fussy child.

I said Rachel listen to me. I am your grandmother and you are my granddaughter and you have to mind me!

She looked at me and said sternly - I am YOUR grandmother and YOU are MY granddaughter and YOU have to mind ME!

LOL I asked her mom my DD if that is anything like my uncle is my grandfather or some such thing!!W

When she was 5 she had to have blood drawn. It took her mom holding her -me holding her head and talking to her and 3 nurses to hold her down while the pediatrician drew the blood. She's not screaming or crying she is demanding we let her go right now!! When that didn't work she started demanding - Get my Daddy!! He won't let you do this to me!!!!!
Old 06-07-2012, 06:14 AM

Oh! I have another one - about me. When I was very young, I had my "fip-fops" on at my grandmother's. I must have put them somewhere or someone moved them and I couldn't find them so I told my grandma, "I know you took my fip-fops and I'm gonna find them!!" And find them I did!
Old 06-07-2012, 10:16 AM

When my GS was about 4 y/o I met my DD and oldest GD for lunch one day. The restaurant was busy but not overly so. My GS kept asking for more tea and the waitress wasn't coming by to ask if we need anything else. He finally got tired of waiting and stood up on the seat (it was a bench), held his glass up and said in a very loud voice "more tea please". I was almost ROFL and my DD was ready to crawl under the table. I think everyone that heard him thought it was funny but my DD. Needless to say, he got more tea. BTW, he's 25 now, married and they are expecting their first child.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:06 AM

o my gosh, when josh was 2 i was having a bad day. (danny was still pretty new). and josh told me to go to my room. so i did. fortunately, his daddy was home. i lay there on the bed a few moments and absorbed the aloneness and the quiet. josh came in, and said, 'mommy, you can come out now.' i said,' no, josh i can't.' ' why not mommy?' 'i'm not ready to be nice yet'. so josh thought about it, and looked at me with those big brown eyes and said, 'do you think in 5 minutes you'll be ready to be nice?'. sigh, maybe.......

i taught pre-school for many years. to help the 3 yr olds get in line i had laminated a thomas the tank engine on the floor. whenever i asked the kids to line up i would add ' get on the train.' one little boy, christopher, was letting all the other children get 'on' in front of him. so i asked him, 'christopher, what are you doing?' he said, i want to be the end of the train. i want to be the commode.' to this day, i never see a train caboose go by without laughing!
Old 06-07-2012, 11:29 AM

my three year old likes fabric shopping and whenever we go to the LQS i get her a ft quarter for her stash. this week we were in walmart and whent down the isle with the precutts and she whent right to the ft quarter bin and started picking out a bunch. i told her she couldent have them all but she said I need these "fat twarters". by the way her stash is almost big enough to make a queen size quilt.