Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Another telemarker call this morning >

Another telemarker call this morning

Another telemarker call this morning

Old 07-11-2018, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
I just tell them I own my house, which is true, and all I hear is click and silence. This is right along with how I handled telemarketers who would ask for the man of the house..... I would hand the phone to my 13 year old son. Same response click and silence. Tee-Hee-Hee! Why is it that telemarketers brings out the wicked/naughty side of us? Hummm
That part about asking for the "man of the house" riles me up. As if a woman is incapable of handling things. I once got a call asking for my husband. I told him he's busy, can I help you? With a smirk in his voice he said "no, I need to talk to someone about computers". My husband knows nothing about computers...I'm trying to teach him! Why do some men still think that men are the only one's who know anything about computers, paying bills, having a job, etc. This isn't the 1950's. Sorry, I guess I got off topic, but this is one of my pet peeves.
Old 07-11-2018, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by cjsews View Post
I got a call today that they were updating my Medicare info. They said they were aware I had back or knee pain. Only pain I had was him calling. I am not even on Medicare yet.
Thanks for posting the Medicare one, last week I received an email that I would be receiving my new updated Medicare card in the mail soon. It seemed real but I deleted it anyway not taking any chances. If I get a new card fine if not I am not going to worry about it. Never heard of getting a new medicare card before.
Old 07-11-2018, 06:14 AM

I hate the calls when they start out with LIES. Like you are getting this call because someone at this number asked about a back or knee brace. NOT. I am THE only one here and I've never called them. Just irks me. Thankfully I too can block all unwanted calls. But it is aggravating. I wish the blocked calls though wouldn't ring the one time before the blocker kicks in. Oh the stuff we have to put up with in these times of technology.
Old 07-11-2018, 06:27 AM

I get a lot of these calls also. I sometimes go ahead and answer the phone but instead of saying hello I start reading my bible to them until I get the dial tone. I don't know why they quit calling me
Old 07-11-2018, 07:14 AM

Husband and friends laugh at me the way I answer an unknown number who is calling me. In a monotone voice I say, "Hello, this is a recorder, please leave message at the beep. Beep." They hang up before I finish the message and do not call back.
Old 07-11-2018, 08:33 AM

I leave the phone on, walk away,and let them use their dime!
Old 07-11-2018, 09:50 AM

I got one yesterday that actually showed it as coming from United Arab Emirates! I did not answer.
Old 07-11-2018, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by IceLeopard View Post
Just don't pull a number out of thin air. Sometimes that number belongs to someone who does not want to be bothered with that many calls.

When I was a teen, someone kept calling and asking for "Lulu". Clearly she'd given him a fake number to get him off her back. Nothing Mom said convinced him to stop calling. Finally a friend of ours was there and answered the call. "Lulu's in her room with a customer. Call back in about 15 minutes." He never called again.
Got a good chuckle out of the Lulu story!
Old 07-11-2018, 10:15 AM

JanieH., A friend works at the non emerg., and she answers police dept.. They don't stay on the line, and if they hear Walmart over the phone they hang up real quick. I've decided to get a whistle, and if its a real person I'm going to blow it.
Old 07-11-2018, 11:01 AM

We get zillions of such calls. Now, we screen our calls on the caller ID. If we don't recognize the number or name, we don't answer. If it is someone we actually want to talk to, they can leave a message and we call them back. No way will I engage a teleworker.