Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Any movie recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by Rose Marie View Post
    The best film I have seen in a long time is Life Of Pi. Beautiful film that will stay with you long after you watch it.
    ...just watched this movie...stayed with me for awhile..thinking-huh! Then just gave up...glad I did not go see at theatre...then started to watch the OZ thing....stopped that half way thru too!!! Movies today are just missing something...

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I have a tendency to fall asleep during movies. Sorry!

A cute oldie by disney is Flight od the Navagitor.

Blog Entries
    I love British TV. Have Ballykissangel, (6 seasons) Oliver's travels,all of series, Poldark,all, Monarch of the Glen,all 7 seasons, a Touch of Frost, all seasons, Doc Martin ,all seasons and 2 movies, Hamish Macbeth, all 3 seasons, Midsomer murders, (20 seasons) MI5 all ten seasons, Hustle, all 4 seasons. All of Upstairs Downstairs, Murdoch Mysteries, 5 seasons so far, The Pallisers, box set. Downton Abby just to name a few. I can watch them over and over and just as good the next time around. and then there is all the Jane Austin and George Eliot boxed sets. I try to treat myself each month with some thing to add to my little collection of British TV. I still want to get Cosmos, loved that one!
    dare to dream

Blog Entries
    Oh I love British shows too. Haven't heard of Cosmos or the Pallisers.

A good chick flick
    French Kiss with Meg Ryan & Kevin Kline
    FancyFoot

Blog Entries

Cosmos

Quote Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
    Oh I love British shows too. Haven't heard of Cosmos or the Pallisers.
    Cosmos was with Carl Sagon (sp) about the stars and space, first thing about science that really grabbed me and kept me so into it.
    dare to dream

Blog Entries
    Ladies#1 Detective Agency is a great series. They only made one season but I have it in my queue to watch it again. Jill Scott and Anika None Rose do great acting and the storylines are very well done.

I think everyone's taste is so interesting. We love Talledega Nights, Avatar was wonderful, Dinner for Shmucks was thoughtful, I thought Life of Pi was uninteresting and depressing, anything with Steven Martin -especially Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, The Blind Side. I know there's more - I'll have to look at our Netflix queue to see what we've rented!

What's eating Gilbert Grape. Love Actually, Bridget Jones Diary, Of Mice and Men. Steele Magnolias, Mother,

I watched "Darling Companion" on Netflix and really liked it, also " Unknown " is supposed to be good, oh yes, " the Visitor" was good too- all on Netflix.

A very good movie that I watched on Netflix was "The Book and the Rose" this movie was 28 minutes long but I loved it,
    Yes I said 28 Minutes not 1 hour and 28 Minutes, but it was very good hope you like it. Another one is old but very good "Mrs. Palfrey at the Claremont" about and old woman who becomes friends with young man,.
    Toodie

Just watched Magic of Belle Isle with Morgan Freeman. Not an action film--just a nice, sweet story. BTW--watched on NetI .
    Challys

Lover of people, kitties, learning to quilt, etc. etc.

If you like to step back in time, see "Ladies and Lavender". Judy Dench and Maggie Smith star.

I got a lot of viewing ideas from this thread! Thanks!
    Someone mentioned Downton Abby. You can only watch the first season of it on Netflix. Amazon bought the rights to the show so you can watch it or buy it there. If you have Amazon Prime you can watch it for free. Such a great show. Really a must see.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2