Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Any postage stamp collectors out there? >

Any postage stamp collectors out there?

Any postage stamp collectors out there?

Old 02-14-2012, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by g mom View Post
I have a stamp collection and would be interested in trading stamps. Mine are mostly just saved from envelopes but I have some new ones too. I keep mine in a ring binder in plastic pages with pockets made for sports cards. You can see each pocket clearly. I hope some day to organize mine. Would love to correspond with you about them. Please write me. g mom
Sending you a PM
Old 02-24-2012, 02:54 PM

I love stamp collecting. I collect Music, space and scouting stamps. None of my children are interested at all. I have given most of my collection to youngsters getting started. Makes me happy to meet young people who are collecting.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:41 PM

When I sold stamps at the Post Office, I found all types of collectors. As I came to know them I would put aside all the new stamps for them. There are those who collect uncanceled stamps or cancelled stamps. Those who only wanted the Love stamps or the Civil War stamps or Space stamps. I would get as excited as they would when a particular stamp came in like Elvis or Marilyn or the Presidents.
At the end of the year the Postal Service issues a mint set which contains stamps of each kind issued that year. I sold a lot of those. Patrons told me with the mint sets they do not miss a particular stamp during the year.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by quilterlois View Post
I love stamp collecting. I collect Music, space and scouting stamps. None of my children are interested at all. I have given most of my collection to youngsters getting started. Makes me happy to meet young people who are collecting.
Is your interest just US stamps, or worldwide? I have some of those themes if you want to trade-send a PM.