Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Anyone ever had a rash from radiation treatment? I am losing my mind!!!! >

Anyone ever had a rash from radiation treatment? I am losing my mind!!!!

Anyone ever had a rash from radiation treatment? I am losing my mind!!!!

Old 06-10-2011, 11:22 AM

I've had radiation therapy, and my solution was Aloe Vera Gel -- you can find it in any drug store. Worked for me!
Janet in Ohio
Old 06-10-2011, 11:39 AM

IF you talk to radiation dept they have the "magic" cream and will give to you or tell you where to get what. As your mind goes to other thoughts later check about shingles.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:43 AM

A dear friend of mine has an ostomy bag and has founr Sween Cream to be helpful to prevent skin breakdown and itching. It must be ordered from your pharmacy (made abroad) and is not cheap, but it might help you. Good luck.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:09 PM

Look for Radx cream on the internet. It works!! I used it last year after my second bout of breast cancer. They ship for free (or they did for me). It has ladocaine in it and breaks the itch cycle. I all but took a bath in it. It was the only thing that let me sleep at night. It wasn't that expensive for the relief I got. Try it.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by latelearner
IF you talk to radiation dept they have the "magic" cream and will give to you or tell you where to get what. As your mind goes to other thoughts later check about shingles.
My doctor had samples that they gave out and I put it on morning and night. WONDERFUL! I also used eucerin calming creme daily moisturizer. Hope it gets better!
Old 06-10-2011, 08:30 PM

Just-Lee, I just finished my radiation 2 weeks ago .... wow 27 treatments and the itching and burning was sooo bad but they gave me 2 different creams at the cancer center .... one was Miaderm and it was creamy and Aquaphor was like vaseline ... but they worked ... my radiation was on my neck and I am very fair skinned.... it pealed like a bad sun burn and the itching was the healing process ..... good luck ....try Benadryl and hydrocordozne cream .... if that dont work pray or get the shot
good luck .....was just informed I will be having more chemo and possiably radiation .... I have non hodgkins lymphoma so I have a difficult road to ride but God holds me up when I am down and this board is so great....... I hope you get better real soon .......hugs
Old 06-11-2011, 01:38 AM

Just-Lee,
I went through the same thing. I did use that cream too-very exspensive too. Don't rub your skin while washing.
don't wear a bra just very loose top. It will get better with time.
Best wishes from one who's been there.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:41 AM

Crazy Quilting robin,
I wish you the best too.
Marie
Old 06-11-2011, 05:05 AM

when my son was a teen he had hives for 6 mos- the DR had to work hard to get the pain/itch under- control. many prescriptions for alergies meds& anti-itch meds. We ALSO used SARNA lotion- previously you had to ask for it, but now its just available w/otherlotions & such. GOOD LUCK!
Old 06-11-2011, 04:49 PM

Any pharmacy should have Rexeme. Also, ask at the radiation place for samples. A good source of info is other people in the waiting room. That's where I learned about the cream and other things.