Apple scam on phone

Old 06-27-2023, 05:06 AM

Default Apple scam on phone

Grrrr. i just got a text saying someone trying to give me a credit . apple . com but almost amount of charge for wrong binding i bought recently. I told that company I would keep it and not to worry. The amounts are one dollar charge and one dollar credit pending,. I don't even know really what apple is nor do i use it.
Son didn't use my credit card in awhile so he knows nothing. called the credit card but only got a computer. No help. since this is pending, i will wait a bit to see if it goes away. Not much else i can do for the moment. hate these people..
Old 06-27-2023, 05:18 AM

Yep got one of those the other day. Deleted without opening.

And my oh my, I seem to have a lot of delivery companies trying to bring me 'stuff' that I never ordered.

And did you know that I am now the beneficiary of I don't know how many people that I have never met? This stuff seems to come in waves.

Last edited by GingerK; 06-27-2023 at 05:20 AM.
Old 06-27-2023, 06:01 AM

I looked up apple and their site offers two different security programs you can purchase! nice of them to help, not!!!
Old 06-27-2023, 10:04 AM

I just recently learned that you can turn your credit card off (or lock it) when you are not using it. You can still make a payment to your card when it is in lock mode but nothing can be charged to it.
I've started using this feature now & it gives me a lot more peace about my credit card.
We don't have a smart phone so when we go to town I have to remember to "unlock" it from my home computer before we are out.
Old 06-27-2023, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltwoman44 View Post
Grrrr. i just got a text saying someone trying to give me a credit . apple . com but almost amount of charge for wrong binding i bought recently. I told that company I would keep it and not to worry. The amounts are one dollar charge and one dollar credit pending,. I don't even know really what apple is nor do i use it.
Son didn't use my credit card in awhile so he knows nothing. called the credit card but only got a computer. No help. since this is pending, i will wait a bit to see if it goes away. Not much else i can do for the moment. hate these people..
yep...scam
that 'dollar in-dollar out' is used to verify your credit card account.
good you didn't fall for it.
I agree- best to just delete that message
browsers-online traffic- are monitored by advertisers and scammers both. cookies left on your history are read and used-that may be how they knew what dollar amount to use to get you to bite ....try deleting all your cookies after purchasing. it might slow the scammers down a bit

Last edited by 1CharmShort; 06-27-2023 at 10:16 AM.
Old 06-27-2023, 11:15 AM

I haven't even touched the phone text yet. one says from my credit card company which may be true but I don't see it anywhere on my account, for over $16.00 , only see a one dollar charge and one dollar credit. Very irritating. I will see again tomorrow on my card account if this goes away. as it is webMD drives me crazy with calls. Enough already people. no wonder i have gray hair!
Old 06-28-2023, 02:28 AM

If I am owed a credit, I usually receive a check in the mail! No email discussions about it!
Old 06-28-2023, 03:22 AM

You can block the number from the calls you don't want to receive. No reason to be annoyed.
Old 06-28-2023, 06:06 AM

blocked numbers still call and since blocked, they go straight to voice mail. never even show that they called. sigh. Still fighting that. I had three bills that were set to Auto pay through Discover. I changed those to another card. Now to call Discover and get a new card with new number! at least that will slow these idiots down a bit.
Old 06-28-2023, 12:47 PM

well had three auto payments changed to another card and called Discover. After trying Chat, i got a great human who transferred me to more great humans who are closing my account due to Fraud and sending a new card to me. I don't like dealing with crooked people so putting a stop to this as quickly as I could will hopefully work. keeping my fingers crossed.