Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: April 18th and it's Still Winter!!!!

Blog Entries

April 18th and it's Still Winter!!!!

I've shoveled off the deck 3 times today. It's still coming down and it's supposed to continue through the night. And we're not in the heavy snow area. I think we're skipping spring... I hope that summer is not too late
    Name:  001.JPG
Views: 1374
Size:  124.3 KB
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

How depressing! I'm in NC and we went straight from winter to summer this year. But I prefer that to snow in mid-April!

It will end - hang in there.
    I'd rather be at the lake

Do one thing every day that scares you... Eleanor Roosevelt

We are having roller coaster weather here, Yesterday we were close to 90 and 70 last night but tonight it will be in the low 40's. Guess I shouldn't complain because in a couple of weeks we will start our long hot dry summer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crafty pat View Post
    We are having roller coaster weather here, Yesterday we were close to 90 and 70 last night but tonight it will be in the low 40's. Guess I shouldn't complain because in a couple of weeks we will start our long hot dry summer.
    crafty pat.... that is just too much of a change in too short of a time!
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
    crafty pat.... that is just too much of a change in too short of a time!
    Unfortunately in Texas our saying is "Don't like the weather, wait a minute it will change"

In South Dakota we are also still experiencing winter. My husband is getting a little anxious though - he is supposed to go on a motorcycle trip in two weeks. Hope the remaining 4 inches of snow is gone by then!

Blog Entries
    Looks like you're on track to celebrate a White Christmas in July!!!
    Last edited by alikat110; 04-18-2013 at 06:19 PM.

I waded 22 inches of snow this morning to feed our horses

I would gladly have your snow. We are having flooding and more rain on the way. Hoping the basement does not flood. Stay warm.
    Happy Quilting Grandma of 15, 3 Greats

I feel your pain!! In the Twin Cities also, and this is really getting rediculous!! DH drained the gas from the snowblower two days ago...what was he thinking!!! Think we'll have "ice out" by fishing opener??

Wow! I will not complain about going from 82 degrees last night down to the 40's this morning!!! Spring hurry up and stay...

Blog Entries
    weds it was 83 thurs was 52 felt like 32 cold wet windy- today fri- is suppose to be 58 without the winds or rain and getting up to the low 60's for the wk end---- I'm going fishing sat. and sun.

Blog Entries
    turns out that the snow total of 6.4" was a record for the date. there's more snow in the forecast for today and for Saturday night. [big sigh] Some of the outlying areas had over 1 foot.
    Attachment 408893
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anniedeb View Post
    I feel your pain!! In the Twin Cities also, and this is really getting rediculous!! DH drained the gas from the snowblower two days ago...what was he thinking!!! Think we'll have "ice out" by fishing opener??
    The snow is too heavy to even snow blow. Maybe we'll have a real hot summer!!!!!!! We're getting our rain now in the form of snow. I am getting a magnolia tree and I want to get it in, perfect time now...... ha ha!!!!!!! I have other shrubs I want to get in in the early spring so they will fill out by summer, but alas and alack, I do not think it is to be.
    Well, back to my plate rail painting and sewing my next quilt.

It'll melt, the sun WILL come out, it'll get HOT, we will gripe and complain and moan and groan about our Xcel Energy bill
    and then we can remember the 19th of April and the stupid snow storm, wind, broken branches, heavy snow albeit beautiful. Have a good and happy day. Edie
    Home is where the rags of your life are turned into quilts, lemons become lemonade and a few extra pounds are simply welcomed as "more of you to love."
    I am so confused. I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse."

BELIEVE

We live in the Colorado mountains and have had 24 inches of snow in the last week or 10 days. It is very beautiful. I wouldn't trade the mountain snow majesty for the hot weather. Been there, done that! We have lived all over the country and moved back to snow country.

I live in WI and we are having snow as I write this... our temps have been 20 below our normal. Opening fishing day.. May 4th..... we will need to have a ice chopper attached to the front of the boat... Actually we are having March weather right now. Our nephew is getting married this weekend and his bride is from Texas... so her family came up for the week. Her little sister is all excited to see the snow. The parents said they thought Texas was bad.... they said...its not as bad as here. lol
    Faye

can't get over this weather, usually this is the time for the beautful weather here in central Texas...but the heaters are on and the wind is blowing so hard...the wind chill is usually what really makes us cold here...we would at this point take all your snow...too bad it can't be willed to us...stay warm...just think, your cold weather is great for quilting...of course, anytime is..

Wow....Winter didn't want to leave New York either! But it is suppose to be 70 here today with thunder showers which I love. Hang in there...Spring will arrive!
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

It was up to 84 day before yesterday , last night the front went thru and now it is 49 here in Baton Rouge, LA. Will be back up to the 80's by Sunday. Our poor AC catches HE#@ as it goes fron heat to AC in a days time.... then back again. Oh Well! thats life. Hugs

We have family out where you are Nan. I think you all get worse winters than we do here in the Buffalo area - and Buffalo is famous for that!

I call it good quilting weather.

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    In Western Colorado where they have the wonderful fruits- the farmers expect to lose over half their crop. I sure am glad I didn't plant early like I have done so many years before. We had 3 inches of snow and the mountains recieved far more (10-18inches) depending on what elevation.
    We received 4 inches of rain here in western Colorado also before the snow, all of this is a welcome relief as we are low on snowpack for the season, but not so welcome for the drivers.
    Come on Summer !LOL
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by quiltstringz View Post
    Unfortunately in Texas our saying is "Don't like the weather, wait a minute it will change"
    We have the same saying here. Some reports of sleet and snow in the St. Louis area. We had temp.s in the 70s a day or two ago. In the 40s and lower in some places.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

It's estimated a foot of snow here in Central MN! The wind is still blowing. BUT I see blue sky!!! YEAH!!! It's possible we'll have more snow Sun/Mon. : - l

On Sunday we were out working in our yards in shirtsleeves, on Tuesday the temp plummeted and we had snow. Not a lot and it didn't last, but now we are back up into the 80's. Its a wonder everyone isn't sick.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast