Apron

Old 10-10-2013, 04:54 PM

Default Apron

Has anyone tried the Emmeline Apron. I've read reviews and some say it's easy and others say it's hard. I want to make it for my daughter in law. Any suggestions or what is your favorite apron pattern to make. It has to be easy!
Old 10-12-2013, 06:08 AM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

not familiar with it by name. will check it out. but, in my experience, if I have a pattern I have been able to do it. it's the artsy part I lack in. I've made aprons and I feel they use a lot of fabric sometimes-not too difficult. made em for all the daughters. I have yet in 3 years to see them wear one tho. they use the oven mitts daily. I made them to match. I think the aprons will look new for a long time. lol
Old 10-12-2013, 09:26 AM

I just Googled it and looked at the pictures. Granted, I've been sewing for over 50 years . . . but it really doesn't look at all hard. Have you ever sewn a gathered garment? If so, you can sew that apron!
Old 10-12-2013, 10:01 AM

I make a reversible apron with seasonal patterns. You can turn it around before guests arrive and not show how sloppy you have been in the kitchen
Old 10-12-2013, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by mary74 View Post
Has anyone tried the Emmeline Apron. I've read reviews and some say it's easy and others say it's hard. I want to make it for my daughter in law. Any suggestions or what is your favorite apron pattern to make. It has to be easy!

Ive never tried the Emmeline Apron but it is cute. As for my favorite: it's this apron a found a free pattern for.

http://sewing.about.com/od/aprons/ss...uffleapron.htm
Old 10-12-2013, 11:06 AM

Default apron

Originally Posted by IBQUILTIN View Post
I make a reversible apron with seasonal patterns. You can turn it around before guests arrive and not show how sloppy you have been in the kitchen
Do you have a pattern you use. If so, is it available on the internet?
Old 10-12-2013, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by IBQUILTIN View Post
What pattern do you use for the reversible apron?
Old 10-12-2013, 02:51 PM

check out www.sew4home.com they have some really cute patterns under projects "kitchen linens"
Old 10-12-2013, 03:19 PM

I made the tea towel apron from Jennie Doan's tutorial for my daughter. She was busy working the food stand at DGs's baseball games and I thought it would cheer her up and it did! All the moms loved it and now they want more for the other moms and some for the fund raiser. I used a tea towel from Hobby Lobby, I think it is called Aunt Martha's. For the ties that go around the neck and then tie around the waist I used a red and white baseball fabric that I found at Joann's. Also used that for a pocket that goes on the front. Added an appliqued E in black for the team name. It is simple and not too hot for them to wear which can be problem with large aprons. Good luck on your search!