Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Asking someone else's opinion >

Asking someone else's opinion

Asking someone else's opinion

Old 01-23-2011, 01:49 PM
pal

Originally Posted by dungeonquilts
I will try to tell you this in my "thoughts/answer" again you may not agree: What we see with our eyes are not the same as another person seeing. Question about shower curtain: Does your DSIL not have a "nice" shower curtain as you do right now? If she doesn't, she likes the one you have and would appreciate one as nice as you have with out adding anything to it...maybe she is jealous that you can take something something (old or new) and add to it (making it look richer) and she can't do that. I think the question we should all ask ourself "is what do I have to lose, if I do it my way"! Send us a picture before/after we will give you our "opinion" In my opinion you may just be doing something that I never thought of doing or could not accomplish. Hope I am not wrong in posting this?
Maybe I mislead you. What I meant was "why do we think that someone else's opinion is more important than ours?" I had these big plans for the curtain, and as soon as someone says that it looks good the way it is, I back down and decide not to do it.

What I have to lose is a nice, but plain showercurtain. I could make it look like something the cat dragged in.......
Old 01-23-2011, 06:31 PM

I never thought of it like that.. Really will make me think of who I ask in the future!