Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop! >

August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

Old 08-03-2011, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Xylie55
Originally Posted by nancia
hi confederate rose- your ticker is on your sig line, see the line to the right of it? that is the sig 'line'. i still haven't figured out mine yet, but i will! people use strange words like cut and paste so i run for my rotary cutter and my seam2, but they don't seam to work! no one will know how much i'm losing! my family haven't noticed, and even tho' i told my husband i can tell he doesn't see the change. but i can tell it's working since my granny panties are now knee huggers!
i AM losing! you betcha!!
Cut and paste is on the mouse.Click the left side and a small window will pop up and 'cut' will be in it.Right Click it on what ever you want to transfer,then come back to here in another window and go to your "my profile" pg up at the top of this page.Scroll down to 'your signature' and left click in that box and rt click 'paste' and the ticker numbers and letters will be transfered,but the picture will be on your posts.That's how I did it.And I like the tickers.I think their cool.I just figured it out yesterday myself.And my granny panties, of which they are cause I hate any thing up my butt thank you very much,are too big.They were sz 14's in the nylons briefs JMS.Now I'm in a 10.Did you watch that video I put in to watch?I think everybody here ought to watch the 600 pound mom.Thank god I got a hold on mine when I did.
oops,meant click the rt side to get the little window to open.And left side to transfer.sorry
Old 08-03-2011, 05:16 PM

i'm still waiting to hear on my grandchild. they're doing a caesarian section as i type this. i imagine they're in the sewing up stage and still too busy to call. i've been watching mindless tv, but now it's jeopardy and they need my help,lol i yell the answers to them.

i'm losing.....my mind and patience!
Oh,I bet you are fit to be tied.I'd be pacing the floor staring at the phone.Too bad you couldn't be there.It will be fun to buy clothes and make blankies and things.You won't sleep tonight much,I'd be too excited if it were me.Congrats grandma.Don't forget to post a picture so we can see too.That's great.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:25 PM

THANKS, Y'ALL! MY DAUGHTER IS WAITING TO GET IN TO SEE THE BABY. SHE WILL SEND PICTURES VIA HER CELL PHONE--THAT IS IF ALL OF THE BABY WILL FIT! SHE'S PRETTY BIG. OOPS-SORRY DIDN'T MEAN TO KEEP SHOUTING--BUT YES, I AM EXCITED! GUESS I'D BETTER FINISH HER QUILT!
Old 08-03-2011, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by elm
I have lost weight and regained it so many times over the years. Of course I know what to do. I just allow myself to eat things I shouldn't way to often.
I know that I can no longer lose weight without exercising, so I'm trying to do that more often. Just came back from the fitness center at my local senior center. Exercised for a little over an hour.
Senior center isn't open on the weekend. That's when I really need to find something else to do. It's way too hot and humid here to walk outside. And, it's has been raining in the early evening when I'd like to swim-- rain with thunder and lightning that is. If it was just light rain, I'd swim anyhow.
I have too.yo-yoed a lot.It finely dawned on me that diets don't work.Lose 20 gain back 30.That's how I got to 250 pounds.Then saw the ads for jenny craig and got TV dinners and green salads.Now I am 157,so it did work for me.Plus it is cheaper on the grocery bill and no left overs to snack on.Plus it was portion control and around 350 calories each.It's the only thing that has worked for me.Wished I'd a done it yrs ago.But that's ok,I'm slowly but surely getting there now.And I feel so much better and can bend over and tie my shoes where before I couldn't.Plus my blood work has been perfect now for 4 yrs.It's a win-win for us all the way around and don't have to go hungry.I like that especially.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:35 PM

9LBS 7.6 OZ IT'S A GIRL !!!!! 5:52 CST 20 1/2 " APGAR 8 & 9
NO NAME YET
Congratulations... :D :D :D :D :D
Old 08-03-2011, 05:36 PM

THANKS, Y'ALL! MY DAUGHTER IS WAITING TO GET IN TO SEE THE BABY. SHE WILL SEND PICTURES VIA HER CELL PHONE--THAT IS IF ALL OF THE BABY WILL FIT! SHE'S PRETTY BIG. OOPS-SORRY DIDN'T MEAN TO KEEP SHOUTING--BUT YES, I AM EXCITED! GUESS I'D BETTER FINISH HER QUILT!
Yeah!That's great!Well,we are all so excited for you.Yes,better get that quilt finished.And make her a soft drag bankie to drag around later in a yr or 2.To match her doll bankie.You can make both.That would be so cute!
Old 08-03-2011, 05:40 PM

Congrats nancia! What wonderful news!

another discount for today only:

http://www.discountmags.com/product/...e?CJPID=806314

Discount Mags drops the price of a one year subscription (12 issues) to Shape Magazine from $12 to $3.99 with code 6952. This magazine gives women advice on health, fitness, and beauty. You may choose to purchase up to a three year subscription at this discounted per year price.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:45 PM

THANKS! I'M JUST A LITTLE EXCITED!!!! MOM AND HER MOM AND BABY ARE BONDING NOW. I AM JEALOUS BUT THIS IS A CHILD I WILL HAVE TO SHARE. 3 SETS OF G'PARENTS. WON'T BE SPOILED, HECK NO!
Old 08-03-2011, 05:58 PM

Not such a great report. Up 12 pounds today of fluid. Started another diuretic with weekly blood tests.

Also, last weekend when I told you I was so sick...I had a minor heart attack. Confirmed today by tests.

Go back to doc in two weeks and to hosp for tests next week.

Keep on Walking, moving and shaking. Make those pounds run away out of fear! :D
Old 08-03-2011, 06:03 PM

oh, mj! i'm shocked! thank goodness you are 'ok'. and God definitely is keeping his eye on you! please, get and stay well!! we love you and don't want to lose you.