Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop! >

August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

Old 08-10-2011, 02:20 AM

Before i went to the hospital for knee surgery yesterday morning, i weighed myself..first week..not so bad.

this week may be a little different, since i can't get around.if i can just maintain and not gain this week..i will be happy.
off to adjust my ticker!

August 3
[ATTACH=CONFIG]239451[/ATTACH]

August 9
[ATTACH=CONFIG]239452[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-239445.jpe   attachment-239446.jpe  
Old 08-10-2011, 02:47 AM

Good morning everyone. Hope your day yesterday went well. I had a good day. Stayed within my calories and did my exercise.

For those of you that are having the high temps and high heat indexes, please, please be careful when/if you exercise outside. Make sure you drink plenty of water before, during and after you exercise. Yesterday our heat index got to 114 and the temp was 96. TOOOO hot.

Everyone have a wonderful and blessed day. Take care.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:51 AM

Yay nancia - loved the baby picture. She sure is a cutie. If I'm figuring the days right you get to hold her a week from Fri - lucky you!

You're right we don't talk much about what we are working on so here's my latest projects. I'm currently in a class called Seasons of Change which depicts the 4 season using applique, paper piecing and regular piecing as well as color. I took it because I didn't know anything about paper piecing and wanted to learn. I'm also working on a bear paw quilt and am making handstitched blocks for a quilt as you go project. That will take some time as I'm not a fast hand sewer.

Thank you every one for your prayers and encouragement. Xylie, like you When I say I'm praying for someone I actually do.

Well I need to get DH moving so we can work on our quilts. We are currently paper piecing evergreen trees. I have 3 more to do in the next week.

God Bless everyone!
Old 08-10-2011, 05:49 AM

Nancia, go call for an appointment for an MRI. How many weeks has that headache been going on? Or is it months now? Maybe the joy from little Olivia has hidden the pain.
Last night I found that if you eat too few calories myfitnesspal gives you a big warning about your metabolism. I will have to do better today.
I cut out a Take 5 monday afternoon and finished it at 1 am this morning. Of course it still needs to be quilted. It is black and white with a bit of yellow. I'll take a pic after I figure out some place to hang it from.....maybe the neighbor's clothesline.
I am going to Olive Garden for lunch so I looked at their nutrition menu online. Looks like I will be having the apricot chicken and salad. I might splurge and have a breadstick.
It has finally cooled off here and we are only having highs in the 70's. Such a relief!
I am losing!
Old 08-10-2011, 06:31 AM

Good morning, all.
Glad to hear about the weight loss. Good for you!

I'm sewing on a red, white and blue quilt, trying to finish the top before the weekend. Staying too busy with mending to get into quilting.

My weight has jumped up 10 pounds and I think this may be real weight, not water weight. If still there in 5 days will change my ticker.

Still staying with the doctor's orders. Not too much of anything but sleep and rest.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:58 AM

Went to the gym again today. Did bike and leg work and abs.
I started a weight loss quilt a year ago and made 7 blocks. They were Carol Doak pp blocks. I have a book. Unfortunately I have lost the cd that allows me to resize the blocks so I can't continue.
Bummer.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:05 AM

Hello everyone! I am popping in to see the wonderful progress being made and the tremendous rapport shared here! I have not lost any in some time, I truly need to get back on track. It's been so hot to go outside and walk as I love doing and that throws off my efforts. I just hate the treadmill, there is something about being outside and the time seems to go by faster and the distance. I have not gained but want to get that feeling of energy from walking. Good luck everyone in your challenges.

Sharon
Old 08-10-2011, 09:18 AM

Good morning, y'all.

The beginning quilter is not doing well this morning. She is having the expected problems with 1/4 seam and blames herself, then the machine. The Singer 533 has the thread coming down the front too close to the thread guide and it has become engaged in the tension knob once. That's not changeable so she'll have to watch it. She has offered me $39 for my Elna. Hah! The joys of dealing with a 13 year old female child. Gr-r-r. She's making boxes in six different black and whites with jewel tone centers. Is that a Bento Box?

Quilting?? The Jewel Box for my newly married granddaughter is too small, so I need to make more blocks. Not happy about that one. The worst will be removing the first sashing strips. I have my weight loss quilt cut out, but these others keep getting in the way. I started the batik Carpenter's Star for my fourth daughter's birthday. I could get used to working with big pieces of fabric easily.

Gabrielle just asked to take the dogs out for walks. She wisely takes them individually. I told her that's an excellent way to work off the aggravation of quilting and she'd be ready to get back at it when she returns.

Weight loss? Holding a little high. I hope the insect bite reaction pounds leave soon. I had trouble sleeping last night. Another night of itching and burning. We did walk in the park on the lakeshore last night, but I never left the sidewalk.

Kim, your scale picture freaks me out. It was 201 pounds that scared me into doing something about it. Being underweight or healthy weight all my life, it wasn't something I ever expected to see. Your picture is a reminder to me to get these few pounds that have popped on off and get back to losing the rest.

Plans for today? Working on the CS quilt. I need to set an example that you need to stay with it in order to finish.

I am losing weight.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:04 AM

Well it's looking like rain outside so I guess it's a workout dvd and weights inside today! Hoping I've been good enough to maintain. Can't wait till school starts in a couple of weeks! Back into a routine for all of us makes it alot easier for me to loose the weight.

Congrats on the weight loss!

Hmmm what am I not working on? I'm trying to accumulate enough crafts for a fair in Oct. I figure if I don't start now they'll never get done and I'll miss out on another year! I'm also working on a doll quilt, trying to get my MIL baby quilt off the frame so i can quilt 3 more quilts for Joplin, and then I still have to quilt my mom's picnic blanket. Oh and piece together MY quilt top. Busy, busy, busy!
Old 08-10-2011, 10:16 AM

Well, went to WW yesterday and only lost 1 pound. Have been bummed out about it. So, I am really trying to stay focused and make good choices.
I wish I had the mentality to get up and exerise. It is so hot here you can't do anything.
Will work on that plan next.