Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop! >
  • August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

• August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

Old 08-25-2011, 02:32 PM

She hadn't even left the parking lot of the store, I am hoping that since she just bought it a minute or two before they will take it back. Am waiting to hear from her. Not to worry about the cake being eaten and not by me. I have my 21 dd at home, along with my 18 DS and 12 DS, not to mention my husband who eats 2nds and thirds of everything. I just hate to have the temptation there for my DD and husband (they need to watch their weight also). I can pass since I really don't care for cake.
    Old 08-25-2011, 04:00 PM

I can pass up pie 7 days a week, but never pass up cake. Don't think much about cookies. Like cobbler. Love ice cream.

Great topic for a weight loss thread...
    Old 08-25-2011, 05:31 PM

I'm surprised your daughter didn't know that you didn't like it. I sure hope my daughters know what I like and don't like. btw I love red velvet cake.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
    Old 08-25-2011, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
    I found a good article about exercise and weight loss.

Here is the link for those interested:
    http://www.everydayhealth.com/fitnes...tting-fit.aspx
    That was a good article.And it's so true.We need to get a program and DO IT.And not make these lame excuses.I'm tired,It's hot,it's cold,it's too hard,I can't do it.I'm trying.There is always going to be SOMETHING in our lives.You were right too awhile back,we NEED to make time,even 10 minutes 3 X a day to exercise.Bj is a prime example of what works.She exercises 3 X a day at 10 minutes.And watches what she eats.I took some time off my diet.Still eating what I always been.But am going to kick it up a notch and try something new.I am going to try to exercise,even tho I hurt.I decided it won't kill me,and it could even help.At 10 minutes,I think I can do that,or will try anyway.'I'll start out slow like polaties {sp} or something for stretching.Good luck ladies.I know we can do it.
    Old 08-25-2011, 05:34 PM

A dieting friend revealed to me she is so happy- she still fits into the same earrings she wore in high school! Ha!
    Old 08-25-2011, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    Originally Posted by elm
    How do I find the original note you sent so I can see the picture of the bookmarks?
    Here is the picture of the bookmarks. :)

Missy
    Oh,now that just makes me hungry!
    Old 08-25-2011, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Pam H
    I'm surprised your daughter didn't know that you didn't like it. I sure hope my daughters know what I like and don't like. btw I love red velvet cake.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
    I agree,and it's not like they don't know she's trying to lose weight.Cake is what got me into trouble.It tasted so good after not having any for so long.I went crazy.So now,no cake is allowed period!I can't just say no!I say no to a lot of things,but cake is my weakness.Especially moist chocolate gooy with nuts and lots of frosting.YUM!Better quite thinking about it,the only sweet I buy now is my sports drinks,and their too sweet,yuk!I water them down.
    Old 08-25-2011, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
    A dieting friend revealed to me she is so happy- she still fits into the same earrings she wore in high school! Ha!
    Oh,that's a good one LOL!!
    Old 08-25-2011, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by scrapngmom
    She hadn't even left the parking lot of the store, I am hoping that since she just bought it a minute or two before they will take it back. Am waiting to hear from her. Not to worry about the cake being eaten and not by me. I have my 21 dd at home, along with my 18 DS and 12 DS, not to mention my husband who eats 2nds and thirds of everything. I just hate to have the temptation there for my DD and husband (they need to watch their weight also). I can pass since I really don't care for cake.
    Well,one thing about it,those cakes aren't huge by no means.I'm sure it would be gone really fast in my house too.
    Old 08-25-2011, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by scrapngmom
    I feel bad. My daughter just called to confirm I like Red Velvet Cake. (I don't) She bought it for my birthday. I told her to take it back, that I didn't want cake for my birthday. Was that wrong of me. Will the grocery store even take it back?
    Oh,by the way:Happy birthday Karen!