Australia

Old 01-30-2011, 09:02 PM

Hey everyone in Australia. I am hearing about all this flooding etc. Are you guys ok and what is the latest? I am so sorry to hear about all this and hope it is over soon.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:23 PM

i also wish all our friend the best with all the flooding
Old 01-30-2011, 09:24 PM

hi thanks for your concern----personally i am in adelaide safe at this time but i also worry for the aussies in the floods queensland--victoria-- and parts of tassiie----it is going to be a very very long time for some of the affected to recover --- imagine mud mold slime smell --no home no money coming in but a morgage to pay off for the house that is not there any more---one vic farmer has a house and land that will be under water for 4 weeks more +lost most of his milk cows the water is still moving over the land no idear what to expect never seen before--we are all legislated to pay a levey [tax]for 1 year and i can not believe the winging going on['i have already sent some money so i shouldnot need to pay etc ]i am just thankfull me +mine have not been affected-----queensland is also bracing for catogory 3 cyclone hope all is well thy deserve a break
Old 01-30-2011, 09:28 PM
Google Goddess

Yes, I am thinking of all of you also

my thoughts and prayers are with all of you
Old 01-30-2011, 09:45 PM

As are mine-I have many friends throughout Queensland and have only heard from a few-I have written to several with no replys yet. Hopeful, they are safe.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:00 PM

Thank you for all your prayers and thoughts for the Aussies affected by the floods and now the cyclone. Here in Adelaide we have not had that much rain but are going through a heat wave at present. We are all just enduring it quietly, as so many of our people have a lot to put up with at the moment. I hope all your friends are safe and just not able to respond to your enquiries at present.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:24 PM

Prayers for all in Australia who are suffering! We had a flood in our area some years ago, so I know what you mean about the smell and the mess. And ours was only for a couple days! I pray that the rain and flooding will let up soon! God bless!
Old 01-30-2011, 11:48 PM

Hi all and thanks for your concern.
I am from Melbourne and we are not affected - but the north of the state (Victoria) is still very much on alert for flooding and now parts of Queensland are bracing for a cyclone.
Vanuatu Jill - maybe the reason you have not heard from your friends that you have written to in Queensland is that your letters are probably lost and didn't get to their destination, I was speaking to a lady in a Queensland business on Friday and she told me that they have not had any mail for 3 weeks as Queensland lost about 70 post offices and 3 post office clearing centres.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:34 AM

.........and this is the next to strike Queensland, it's expected to hit the coast either Wednesday or Thursday.Yasi has been predicted to may be one of the worst Cyclones to ever hit Queensland.

http://www.goes.noaa.gov/sohemi/sohe...hirgmscol.html

Look at the size of it, supposed to be around 1,000 miles wide.

Oh my goodness! ! ! !
Old 01-31-2011, 05:24 AM

I'm in North West Victoria and our town and others along the Murray River are on flood alert at the moment. We've been busy over the last few weeks sand bagging the levy banks which will hopefully save the town and surrounding areas, all we can do is wait and hope. Thankyou all for your kind thoughts.