Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Baby Wash Cloths Question, Please

Baby Wash Cloths Question, Please

Hi. I saw a couple of tutorials on making baby wash cloths using one side printed cotton fabric and the other side using flannel or Minkee, one of the sites being Moda Bake Shop. So cute and simple. Crazy question, although the cotton fabric on one side would be adorable because there are so many to choose from, when wet, it is not really soft...what do you think? I would love to make several for a couple of ladies at work but wondered if I should use all flannel.

Thanks for any comments!

I made several of these for a friend. I used 2 layers of flannel and just stitched the edges together.
    Holly

I know where you are coming from, but I would suggest rather than washcloths make burp cloths and maybe a matching receiving blanket. I think cotton quilting fabric would look cute on a washcloth, but might not feel so nice. I have been using a free pattern from You can make this.com for burp cloths and matching blankets for the last couple of years and get good feedback from the moms. I make the burpcloths from a prefolded diaper from Walmart, a pack for about 11.00 and flannel or minkee on the outside. Then use flannel and minkee for the blanket. Really cute and soft and useful.