Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Beautiful WarHorse Video

Suz

Beautiful WarHorse Video

My sister sent me this link. Absolutely gorgeous horses. Check out the length of their manes and tails. Enjoy!!

http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/Y5XJbSqwriM?rel=0

These horses are gorgeous. They are as beautiful as the Clydesdale.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

OH my..such beauty and grace without vanity! Such beautiful creatures!

Gorgeous! Thanks for Sharing!

Blog Entries
    So glad my SIL is a trainer and has shown quite a few of these beauties! They are stabled with us for months at a time! A lovely breed!
    http://s1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh485/KitsieH/
    Never regret growing older, its a privilege denied to many.
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Kitsie

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    These powerful, magnificent beasts run so gracefully as it is, it breaks my heart when they are held chin-to-chest on a check rein. A Freesian is featured in the adored Outlander book series (Jamie and Claire in North Carolina) by Diana Gabaldon and I first learned about them by googling from the mention there.

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

I'm with you, Jan. These majestic animals are most beautiful when they are running free, with their proud heads held up, unbridled and galloping in their natural gait. When I see them 'performing' the only thought that comes to my mind is the extensive 'training' they are subjected to.

Gorgeous!!... God don't make no mistakes. But curious: why do they rein them to have chin-to-chest? Doesn't look comfortable....
    ~ I'm a Blessed Nanna to 2 Grandsons & 5 Granddaughters & 1 grandson in law ~
    ~ I'm a Blessed Mom to DS & DDIL, DD & DSIL ~
    ~ Mom to 1 black beauty now ~ Daisy ~
    ~ God Bless the USA ~ God Bless Our Troops ~

Blog Entries
    We have a family friend that does metal sculptures and he did a sculpture of these horses for a farm on the east coast. This is a link for the sculpture http://www.johnlopezstudio.com/#/friesian-1 ....Well guess I don't know how to make it work so you can just click on it but John does amazing work and just recently finished a sculpture of Hugh Glass and the bear of "The Revenant" film.
    As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

The most gorgeous horses on this earth and I love to see them running down a field, manes and tails waving free. They are poetry in motion.
    Yooper32 aka: Donna B

Quote Originally Posted by ljptexas View Post
    Gorgeous!!... God don't make no mistakes. But curious: why do they rein them to have chin-to-chest? Doesn't look comfortable....
    That's part training, part natural carriage for these horses and part control. I could go into a really long explanation of the biomechanics, but let's just leave it at that.

Watson

War Horse Video

IMO, all breeds of horses, animals and people are beautiful. Each of us is an individual.

To non-horse folks:

What sets various breeds apart is the careful breeding that has produced and continues to produce the desired qualities. The Friesans are fabulous carriage horses. Their natural high step is a trademark of the breed. When you re-view the video, notice that the mares (females) with youngsters at their sides, have less hair than some of the others. The stallions have the most and longest hair, due to testosterone. Geldings (altered males) have about the same amount of mane and tail hair as the mares. There are no hair extensions or artificial colors, here! They are always black, until the sun bleaches them out to a brownish color. When they shed the old hair, the new hair grows in black and shiny.

Beautiful horses. Thanks for the additional information. I'm going to send my granddaughter this link, she's in love with this breed.

These sculptures are wonderful! I love looking at them closely...shovels, chains, forks, all kinds of neat things make up the whole! He is very talented!

Quote Originally Posted by MOBRIDGE MOM View Post
    We have a family friend that does metal sculptures and he did a sculpture of these horses for a farm on the east coast. This is a link for the sculpture http://www.johnlopezstudio.com/#/friesian-1 ....Well guess I don't know how to make it work so you can just click on it but John does amazing work and just recently finished a sculpture of Hugh Glass and the bear of "The Revenant" film.

They are gorgeous. They were bred originally as war horses.