Bedbugs!

Old 11-03-2010, 06:03 PM
Power Poster

Heat will only kill these critters (and head lice too) if you loosely load the dryer and let the clothes get really hot. Once they are all good and hot through and through, let the dryer run atleast another 30 minutes.

Bed bugs can be brought home from new clothes too... Dept stores in NYC were closed due to this... so we just need to be careful no matter where we buy items :wink:
Old 11-03-2010, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by MisDixie
There is hope! A CBC (Canadian) news feed said a Winnipeg inventor has started using heat to kill the bugs and eggs. Apperently he heats house/apartment and contents to 140 degrees and kills all in one treatment. No loss of household items, just the bugs. Sure hope that cure works! and spreads as fast as those little critters do!
this is an idea that has floated in my head since the return of bedbugs was publicized.

"Return of the Bed Bugs" sounds like a horror movie title, doesn't it? Scares the be-jeebers out of me!
Old 11-04-2010, 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by KathyAire
Originally Posted by sewgull
Place your purse in a ex- large zip bag, larger than one gallon size. Your car could get broken into.
Did you see the movie 'Airplane'? I suggest your purse in an ex-large zip bag and yourself in a body condom. :roll:
:-D :-D I don't think they make body condoms my size!