Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Best Black Friday deal!!

Best Black Friday deal!!

I've always wanted a pair of Fisker soft-touch pinking shears but at $43.00 a pair, it just wasn't in the budget but on Black Friday, they were 60% off....down to $17.20 and I was able to use the additional 25% off coupon, which took off an additional $4.30, so they came out to only 12.89, plus tax, I ended up paying a total of$13.92. Merry Christmas to ME!! That gave me an extra $30.00 to spend on fabric!!!

What was your best deal????

I too went and bought some fiskars sissors, along with some rotary cutting blades. I agree the 60 percent off plus the 25 off total purchase made for a great deal... and My JoAnns was not at all crowded this AM.

I also bought 7 packs of the rotary blades.....enough to last me until next years Black Friday sale. 60% off with an additional 25% off....too good to miss!!!!!!!!

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Good for you! I wouldn't even go out of the house on Black Friday!

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

Blog Entries
    Here in Texas, they put on the coupon, doesn't apply to anything on sale or reduced. so that eliminates it all. They have on sale on everything. I don't bother to go.

Blog Entries
    Where do you shop? Amazon has the Fiskars soft grip pinking shears for under $24 regular priced. Sellers have them new for under $17. You got a great deal but you didn't have to wait so long to get something you wanted.
    Got fabric?

Well...my best deal was at Sears. I was given the last available voucher for a doorbuster - the Nook Simple Touch for $39.99. An hour and a half later, when I finally reached the register, I was told there were no more. "But I have this voucher," I said.

They honored the voucher and upgraded me to a Nook Color for the same price.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cmw0829 View Post
    Well...my best deal was at Sears. I was given the last available voucher for a doorbuster - the Nook Simple Touch for $39.99. An hour and a half later, when I finally reached the register, I was told there were no more. "But I have this voucher," I said.

They honored the voucher and upgraded me to a Nook Color for the same price.
    Is the "nook simple touch" a sewing machine? Thanks

is a nook an e-reader?
    ​debra

Yes, the nook is an e-reader much like a Kindle.
    Sabrina
    Mommy to a 6 year old little girl, 3 dogs, 5 cats, and 2 fish. lol Life keeps me busy but when I have a moment, I love to sew
    http://ataleofamilitaryfamily.blogspot.com/
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/HugsLove

That's weird that your coupon had that clause. I thought the coupons were the same for everyone. My coupon only excluded doorbusters - and the normal Simplicity machines, sewing machines, etc standard clause that is on all of them.

I went to Hancock's first. I liked the sewing machine wheelie cart that they had there better than the one at Joann's. It was $10 more but I'm happy to pay the extra if it saves me frustration. I love my new case I bought the deluxe bobbin winder from Joann's. I was given the regular one and it didn't seem to want to wind a M bobbin so I got the deluxe and it seems to wind a bobbin just fine. Now if only that had a towa gauge so I could figure out how tight to adjust the tension disc on the winder lol. Getting a towa gauge is on my to do list...

I had a great sewing day and am glad I went out. I almost always get what I want when I do shop on Black Friday. I am looking forward to the Cyber Monday deals now...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by barny View Post
    Here in Texas, they put on the coupon, doesn't apply to anything on sale or reduced. so that eliminates it all. They have on sale on everything. I don't bother to go.
    Our store here does that a lot, too. Everything on sale. Why bother going? If I'm in that area, I stop in, but don't make any special trip.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

I didn't get my best deal on Black Friday cause I wasn't there; got mine Wednesday at Hancocks. Bought fleece and several fabrics and everything was 40%-50% off plus it was military appreciation day so I got an additional 15% off after showing my i.d card.

My Daughter went to Joanns and got a lot of stuff with several coupons. She called to tell me but, I didn't really need anything and didn't want to leave my laundry to go. I would have gone if I had needed anything.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Dee
    I don't go out on Black Friday. Or any day after holiday.

Blog Entries
    I am with Jan in VA. I never leave the house. Good day to stay home and sew!
    Judi from Denver, aka Nonna Judi

My best deal was also my only deal. LOL! My 19 year old daughter is autistic, and when we went to take turkey dinner to her grandma at the nursing home Thursday night, she insisted on stopping at Wal-Mart! They started their Black Friday sale at 8:00 P.M. on Thursday, so we were there while it was going on. They had a rolling sewing machine tote that was regularly $49.97 on sale for $24.97. And the best part was, I didn't have to buy it for myself! Free is an even better deal! LOL!

Donna
    DonnaFreak

"Some days it's just not worth it to chew through the leather straps."

Jan, I am with you. I can actually do enough damage right here on this computer shopping all the sales I want from my desktop! But that was a heck of a deal on the scissors, well worth the time and effort!

I wouldn't go out and fight that mob for anything! Our JoAnn's does the same thing. Just about everything is 10% off, and since the coupons excludes sale items, it isn't any good.