Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Best lotion, potion, creme for scarring? >

Best lotion, potion, creme for scarring?

Best lotion, potion, creme for scarring?

Old 06-07-2010, 03:21 PM

Also, do not let the scar be in the sun. Keep it covered this summer. Prevents messy scars.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:42 PM

I had a large scar from childhood, across my wrist. Last year, I was trimming shrubs when I ran into a bee's nest. They swarmed on me and got me good. After a few days, when the swelling went down, the scar had almost disappeared. From being 4" long and probably 3/8" wide, it is barely 1/4 long, and barely wider than a pen line.

I don't recommend this method, but something in that venom works wonders.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:25 PM

Bacatricin (sp). When my son was 15 mos old he pulled a solid wood door on top of him and you should have seen his little face. This is what the doc recommended and no scars. Just make sure you keep applying it to keep it moist.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:08 PM

Arnica!

This cream is amazing. I'm a nanny and my 3-yr old charge fell headfirst off a chair and had a HUGE bump on her forehead. Luckily, their handyman was there and ran to get some Arnica. I'd never heard of it, but applied it generously to the area before bed (we checked for concussion first, of course) and within 2 days... you couldn't even tell she had fallen. This is one of those wounds that usually would've swollen up to the size of a grapefruit and changed a bunch of colors and taken weeks to disappear.

I don't have kids yet, but when I do that's definately going to be on my registry for the baby shower.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:56 AM

back in the days when I had energy to play softball .. we would get really bad "strawberries" from sliding ... we used lots of bacitracin ointment (antibactiotic - keeps infection out and keeps it soft enough to help get the rest of the dirt out) then vitamin E oil after the scab is gone ... use a pin to poke a hole in a vitamin E capsule and just squeeze it, work like a champ .. I have no scars on my legs :D
Old 06-08-2010, 05:17 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Moonpi
I had a large scar from childhood, across my wrist. Last year, I was trimming shrubs when I ran into a bee's nest. They swarmed on me and got me good. After a few days, when the swelling went down, the scar had almost disappeared. From being 4" long and probably 3/8" wide, it is barely 1/4 long, and barely wider than a pen line.

I don't recommend this method, but something in that venom works wonders.
Wow that's taking apitherapy to a whole new level! Bee products are really amazing though. My DH bee keepers club swear by bee stings/ bee venom to ease arthritis.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:44 AM

Calendula cream works wonders and get it with hypericum in it and that takes out the pain.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:01 AM

Have used Mederma on small surgical incisions with fairly good luck in the past.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:01 AM
Power Poster

i had surgery on my face and was told to rub Bacitracin ointment over the areas, but when healed to use anything. even vaseline would do. the rubbing motion is what helps the best. i must say the scars on the left side of my face look great.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by KatFish
Vitimin E oil works pretty good.
this is what I was going to suggest. If you have vit E pills you can cut them open and use that. :)