Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Best time to visit the state you live in? >

Best time to visit the state you live in?

Best time to visit the state you live in?

Old 07-22-2011, 09:10 AM

Here in northern IN we have lots of lakes, so if you like water, come in the summertime,especially July and August. But to sight-see and enjoy the beauty and the breeze, it's much better in early fall. Gorgeous land and certainly 4 seasons here, which I love.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:12 AM

I think the best time to visit the north west is summer,We get very little stiffeling hot westher in the valleys.I love it here 60 min. to the ocean and about the same to the mountains.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by LovinMySoldier
The best months for western Wa is July and August. Warm but not hot. The rain has usually calmed down a bit. Just nice all around.
Or come in the fall, winter, spring and really experience some rain :) My inlaws came for a long weekend in February and they were astounded by the amount of rain we got. It just rained and rained and rained. They loved it! They didn't believe us when we said it rained A LOT until they saw first hand!
Yeah, people don't believe it when you say that WA gets ALOT of rain. That is one of the reasons they have beautiful places like the Olyimpic Peninsula and Hurricane Ridge. I grew up in towns between Seattle and Bellingham, rain was just a fact of life.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:21 AM

AZ is most desirable in Febuary & March. Temperatures are in the 70's in the southern part of the state, 50's in the middle of the state and still snow capped mountains in the northern tier. The Phoenix/ Scottsdale are is busy with winter league baseball games, NASCAR racing, golf, sightseeing and of course shopping. Days are in the low to mid 70's evenings lowes are in the 40's. Remember desert locations cool down at night but warm very quickly by mid morning. The snowbirds flock to the valley for respite from the snowy cold northern tier of our country. We do not have the hiumidity of Florida's winter baseball leagues do.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:46 AM

Wisconsin - Autumn - Tree Colors
Old 07-22-2011, 10:03 AM

Since we obviously haven't had spring for 2 years, I would say fall for the ozarks.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:31 AM

Any time in Alabama, we love to have anyone stop in for a chat. We enjoy the weather all year except the very coldest times.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:38 AM

Fall here in Mass is best- I even love November with the brilliant blue skies, bare-limbed trees, the oaks whose leaves are all brown, crisp winds, perfect for a sweater or sweatshirt.....would have it year round if I could! Piles of pumpkins and gourds, juicy apples, nice foods like roast chicken and pork, meatloaf and baked potatoes....come on fall, we miss you!
Old 07-22-2011, 10:40 AM

New England in the fall is classic especially in the mountains, but New England towns in the spring (not the city or the mountains) are full of tree-lines streets bursting with magnolia and dogwood and azalea and rhododendron.
If I could draw, I'd make a fabric of pale pink dogwood blooms, and magnolia petals falling to earth like a carpet under the trees. It even smells wonderful.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
If you were to tell someone what was the best time of year to visit the state you call home, when would it be? And why?
Depends on where you're going in Texas. If you hate the cold and it's winter time, go to the coast, e.g. to S Padre Island. If it's spring and you love wild flowers, go to the Hill Country. If it's winter and you love cold and snow, go to the Panhandle, to Amarillo. If it's any time of year and you love the desert, start at Abilene and drive to El Paso, stopping along the way at Sandhills State Park in Monahans.

If you like rock/mountain climbing, spring and fall are wonderful times to go to the Davis Mountains.

If you like fishing and boating and seeing bald eagles in the wild, come to Lake Texoma, 60 miles north of Dallas nearly anytime of year.

And if you just want to know how big Texas is, start in Pampa and drive to Brownsville to see how many different kinds of land you drive through and whether you can do it all in one day. froggyintexas