Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
A better end to and awful day! Long post >

A better end to and awful day! Long post

A better end to and awful day! Long post

Old 06-25-2010, 07:54 AM

But today I'm on this side of the dirt and going in to sew. So LIFE IS GOOD!!!!!
Old 06-25-2010, 07:59 AM

No...I didn't mean for you to eventually sue him but for ins purposes. That "jerk" needs a wait up call though as for his insentitive attitude. He could have at least say "hope you're alright?".
Why are they not nice there?
Old 06-25-2010, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by nwm50
No...I didn't mean for you to eventually sue him but for ins purposes. That "jerk" needs a wait up call though as for his insentitive attitude. He could have at least say "hope you're alright?".
Why are they not nice there?
I really don't know what his problem is? He has always been that way towards me, the funny thing is that I always spend money when I go in but he sure is nicer to the other customers. I get way better treatment from the gals at Walmart when I go in for fabric. No problem, he just lost a customer, and I'm sure I'll be alright. I guess somehow maybe I ticked him off, but for the life of me I do not know how or when.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:06 AM

Our guild is doing chemo quilts and I have just started mine, and this is a good wake up call for me doing this, cause at least I'm not having chemo, and that is a good thing. So really this is pretty trival. I'll post my quilts after I've finished this one. Two down 1 to go
Old 06-25-2010, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by harrishwhippets
Originally Posted by BellaBoo
Oh, where did you buy the feet for the 301? I've been looking for a good place to buy the ones I want from the same place. Most places have one but not all.
I bought them from a www.singersewingsandiego.com. I was shocked at a $13.72 shipping charge for prioty mail that was shipped on the 15th and got it today. For 3 feet? Now I have to send one back and pay to ship it back, so I'm not really happy but oh well. This has been my luck lately. But I do love the darning foot (a lot) and the 1/4 inch hemming foot, I can never do the smaller hemming foot to save my life. I made myself 2 drinks and no more pain. :lol:
If you find out that they are going to charge you outrageous shipping again, I would be glad to pick it up for you and send it. You can PM me if that is something you are interested in.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:03 AM
Power Poster

Oh, thank you for the offer! :D I got a pm from another poster that has the feet I want and she doesn't need them. I had somethings she needed so we swapped! Love this board!
Old 06-25-2010, 09:23 AM

hARRISHWHIPPETS....THAT'S A NICE THING TO DO FOR THE CHEMO PATIENTS. BEEN ONE MYSELF TWICE AND IT'S CAN GET DOWNRIGHT COLD DURING YOUR DRIPS.
LET ME TELL YOU...IT WILL BE A GRATEFUL ACKNOWLEDGEMENT FROM THEIR PART!
Old 06-26-2010, 07:06 AM

sorry that you had a bad day and i hope that good days from now on. as for the foot that doesn't work right-is there a customer service that you can call or email? they may be able to send you a shipping label so that they pay for return shipping. after all-you're returning it because it's faulty not because you don't like it or changed your mind.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:27 AM

This reminds me of a day I had many years ago. I started a new job. It snowed that day and so I couldn't get to my new job on time. I was riding the bus and the buses were way off schedule. Many were full and so drove right by without stopping.

When I finally got to work, the people were awful to me. I had a desk in a very busy hall way. Not a single supply. I asked for some (since I didn't know where they were or how to get them). I was told to make a list. So I did: pencils, pens, stapler, scotch tape, etc.

A few hours later the things on my list came back. I said stapler, but forgot to say staples, so none of those. I said scotch tape, but didn't say dispenser, so no dispenser. It went on like that the entire day.

I had to go to a meeting after work, and my husband picked me up because of the snow. When I stepped out the door of the building to get into the car, I slipped on the ice and fell right on my butt. What a perfect ending to a perfectly awful day. I didn't even get up--just sat there and cried.

So . . . I know how it feels to have a bad day.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:30 AM

This post was a couple of days ago, but I hope every day since has been a good one! I've had way too many of those "why did I get out of bed" days!
hugs